Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my air con switches on and pushes air around but it won't blow cool air at all. I had a mate with the right gauges check the pressure and there doesn't seem to be any leaks so a regas won't help. With the engine running I popped the hood up and then switched the air con on cold and there was no change in idle speed and no clicks that I could hear (ideas found by using google). While the hood was up I noticed that the radiator fan wasn't spinning, does that only come on when the engine is too hot?

What should I check? I'm reasonably handy but I don't have a jack or axle stands, and the engine bay seems very cramped. The car is in otherwise excellent condition so I'm hoping it's something simple like a fuse (fingers crossed!).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Depending on the age it might need to be regassed. When I got mine had to get a new AC pump as well as regassed. Everything seemed fine but no cool.

My 407 does have 200k on it so could be something else for yours.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depending on the age it might need to be regassed. When I got mine had to get a new AC pump as well as regassed. Everything seemed fine but no cool.

My 407 does have 200k on it so could be something else for yours.
Thanks for your response. From my original post "I had a mate with the right gauges check the pressure and there doesn't seem to be any leaks so a regas won't help."

I'm hoping I don't need a new AC pump, those are expensive!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The a/c control system is quite complicated in a peugeot. It wont work if any one of the components/sensors is faulty. Best to scan it with Diagbox first to see if any of the many sensors it uses are out of spec. i.e. high/low pressure sensors, temp sensor etc. Diagbox has a specific a/c check/test function.

Basic checks can also be done. Firstly would be to check carefully all fuses in the BSI and engine fuse box. Remove, check continuity and check contact points are corrosion free. Just looking at them is not good enough.

Check the basic function of the compressor by energising the clutch. Remove the wiring plug from the compressor and put a 12v supply directly to it and see if the clutch engages. If it does, the fault lies elsewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts