Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
after a bit of advice I have the above car with 60.000 miles on which I have had for 3years six months
today the clutch has started squealing when you put pressure on the pedal
I managed to get it back home and I am now wondering wether to repair the clutch or sell the car sold as seen
The car is in good condition and I was going to sell it anyway when I got my new car in December hopefully
My question is would you get it repaired and sell it or sell it sold as seen and what sort of price would I get for either option mentioned above
why o why did it not last untill I got my new car b____ard :(:(
Cheers Tony

·
Registered
353 Posts
I would ring around, get a quote to repair it, if the cost to repair is more than what you would lose selling it with the knackered clutch then just cut your losses but if getting it repaired meant you could ask considerably more for the car then get it repaired.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply makes sense,had a bit of luck with the car .called breakdown service out and they said it's not the the clutch it's the slave cylinder and sure enough he popped the bonnet and the was a leak on the slave cylinder
I have taken the old one off .it had actually broke in two,I have bought another slave cylinder and some fluid ,so will put it back together today weather permitting.
One problem I have is in the Haynes manual it shows a bleed plug on the slave cylinder where mine does not have one or is the bleed plug located on the engine body near the slave cylinder
The Haynes manual says bleed the master cylinder after fitting a new slave cylinder .it says the master cylinder is under the air filter housing
can anyone confirm where I bleed the slave cylinder
Thanks Tiny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts