Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i have been fighting a battle with the anti pollution code for about 4 months now. Have put so much money into trying to get to the bottom of this fault.

Fault code p1337 misfire cylinder 1. When idling the car starts to misfire and then runs on 3 cylinders, cooling fan comes on. An intermittent fault but getting very frequent now. So far we have:
Checked all ignition coils and spark plugs all ok
2 x new soleniod valves
Checked timing
Have done compression and leak down test which were all fine.
We have narrowed it down to being a fuel injector being shut off..which is otherwise working fine. The injector itself is not faulty .

Could it be the ecu? A driver gone wrong? Have their been updates for the ecu on this car?

we also hear a popping sound from the left rear of the engine, the long term fuel trim never changes under any condition. The short term fuel trim works until the fault occurs then the ECU goes to open loop and the injector stops getting a pulse the ECU switches off the injector until u turn off and restart the engine.

Could new ecu be the answer?

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Gina did you end up finding the problem with your anti pollution fault? My 2009 308 doung exactly the same thing and my mechanic cannot find the fault. Replaced fuel pumps, injectors, coils cleaned engine carbon still same issue. Rgds Dan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello after spending hundreds more on changing fuel injectors and every sensor possible, i have had the ecu looked at and turns out its faulty... so the ecu is causing the fault. Get your ecu looked at before wasting anymore money

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having similar problems to this and sent off my ECU for testing.. they said today it is working perfectly! I was hoping they would say it was faulty and they'd fix it, but now I'm stumped again.. nightmare. Glad you got yours sorted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts