Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my dad has a 2008 Peugeot expert 2.0hdi the van brokedown few months back and after investigation it was the end of the camshaft that turns the propeller for the fuel pump (passenger side) so the van now has had a new camshaft, cambelt and waterpump but still wont start but turns over fine, it will start with brake cleaner sprayed up the intake but has dark grey smoke excessively coming out of the exhaust engine sounds fine. Any help welcome

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the pump was changed as well seems odd that it will start and run on brake cleaner. Our local Peugeot dealer reckoned blocked cat

·
Registered
14,880 Posts
Ok now we start the diagnostic is the key recognised ?

do the beep test.

have you had a diagnostic reading of LIVE DATA not codes ?

The cat is NOT the problem

You need a recognised key cam and crank sync and fuel pressure to start thats ALL it needs to fire anything else is gravy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The van beeps when key is put in the ignition. Hasnt had a live feed done but a normal reading done and came back with egr valve but this was replaced last year. How do i do any of the other tests

·
Registered
14,880 Posts
You need live data you want to see what the fuel pressure is what the engine cranking speed is and if the cam and crank are in sync

Without those 3 readings its simply guessing and wasting time as i said codes are no good they just tell you things that have happened live data tells you what IS happening

You say the belt was done did the bottom sensor ring get put back on some forget to do this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will any garages able to do a live feed i do have my reader but not sure if it will do sensors. Yeah everything was put back on and locked off correctly as it was a mobile guy who done it

·
Registered
14,880 Posts
So you trust him 100% anyone can make mistakes as my sig says check everything twice :)

Some code readers can do live data but planet is best as thats what people on here are familiar with so we would understand the readings better.

If you fill in your location in your profile it will show on the left you never know we could be next door to each other !

Once your location is visible someone near you may well offer to come help but if we dont know where you are its harder we are a helpful bunch well most of us :)

·
Registered
14,880 Posts
If it does live data it should give you cranking speed and fuel pressure do a reading while cranking of those 2 and post up what you get terminology varies but engine speed and rail pressure fuel pressure or whatever it says

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Calc load % 0.0
Coolant 21c
Maf(kpa) 100
Engine rpm 272
Vehicle speed 0
Iat °c 23
Maf gm/sec 5.950
If any good

·
Registered
14,880 Posts
I did not say you needed any sensors throwing parts at it is not the answer !!

Fuel pressure is checked using live data as is cam and crank sync you NEED proper diagnostics or your just pissing in the wind

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No didnt say was going to buy them just wondered if it was a good price. Ok thanks ill have a ask around to see if anyone can do it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts