Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm Tom.. I'm new to this forum and this van, a 2008 peugeot expert 2.0 120.. I'm trying to locate the common fuel rail's plug, but having looked in the bay for an hour, I can't even locate the fuel rail itself. Can anybody point me in the direction of where the fuel rail and the fuel rail's plug are please!

Much appreciated! ?

D

·
0 Posts
You are not looking very far. Its right out front.
What do you mean by plug? What are you trying to do?

D

·
0 Posts
I'm looking for the electrical plug to put a tdi box onto the fuel rail
Righty. A proper remap would be a better job if you are looking for power gain. You may also have a clutch and flywheel on order.
As regards the rail, follow the pipe coming out of the high pressue pump. You can't miss it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I must be blind.. Still can't find it.. I found a fuel rail tucked way behind the ducting at the front if the engine but can't get to it and there's no electrical connector on either end.. That's the only rail I've found.. :/

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I'm pretty sure I've found the rail but I can't locate a plug on it.. What's the ducting coming from the block over the front of the engine bay. Can I loosen it to get better access to the rail and hopefully locate the plug?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I assume you mean the big black thing if so its the air intake for the cab its only held by 4 bolts and it holds the pollen filter that probably needs changed anyway you can remove it bang a new filter in while you are there :)

I agree with david though a remap would be better but in all honesty if you need more power there must be something wrong with it they fly as standard !

Price a clutch too if you are looking at using the extra horses :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a vauxhall combo prior to this and fitted one of TDI Tunings boxes. Not for the power but for the economy.. I saw a good 15% reduction in my fuel consumption, and this is the reason I'm going down the same road. Never used the gain in power, just enjoyed the extra free miles. And now they have re-programmed the box so I didnt need to pay for a unit again.
I've an Audi remapped by revo and I agree, a map is far better than piggy backing but having had such a good experience with this system before, I was hoping to reproduce it again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts