Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have have taken a few parts off my focus to try and locate an oil leak from behind the alternator.

The leak seems to be coming out from between the head and the block is this possible without any other running problems.

The engine is a DV6

Regards

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
If its like the 206 the normal leak around that area is from the air doser it drips down onto and around the alternator.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rbaz

I was hoping it was the air dosier but when I removed it that was completely dry and the alternator had no oil on it.

I have removed the alternator and its bracket and the oil seems to be coming out of the head gasket at the top left corner.

I washed the engine completely with petrol and them drove the car approx 30 miles , when I stopped the oil was dripping off the air con pump bracket.

Everthing is dry above the head gasket and and near the camshaft but the head gasket seems to be very wet at the top left corner.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Rbaz

Will this be just a head gasket change or will it require the head to be skimmed?

Regards

Chris

·
Registered
369 Posts
Not sure if its a known problem on this engine I haven't seen anything before.
You sure it cant be from anywhere else?
I had oil leaking from everywhere on mine but not the head gasket most of it was from the cam cover and injector seals. Was on all 4 sides of the engine :rolleyes:

Check head for damage around that area if you have to take it off I wouldn't skim unless its obvious.

(Check the turbo feed filter while its in bits)

·
Registered
14,259 Posts
It is unlikely to be the headgasket to be honest as they are multi layer metal and pretty robust i would run it with alternator removed and watch closely as its a big time consuming job to remove the head on these if it is you are very unlucky.

I would want to be sure before committing to such a major job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts