Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well my dad hasn’t said much to me over the phone but he says that it’s turns over runs for a few seconds then dies, he says it has something to do with the glow plugs, I’m thinking since he ran the van dry of fuel a while ago that a bit of gunk has gotten into the fuel filter or something but he’s addement that it’s the glow plugs that’s got something to do with it, so he’s just wanting to replace them and see if that sorts it, but if you know what else can cause that, would be good to know, cheers

·
Registered
131 Posts
Starts and runs for a while then cuts sounds more like it’s getting air into the system , it’s worth doing the fuel filter , check the spill pipes on the injectors and all the other pipe work at fuel filter and hp pump .
Does this one have the hand primer squeezer .

·
Registered
14,951 Posts
Tell your dad he is wrong very wrong the glowplugs are not needed for starting on modern engines and changing them is a pain as they are well hidden.

As for his next statement that may well be why are they fitted then thats for DPF REGEN HELP MAINLY !

His van may or may not have a DPF but its irrelevant as what is happening is NOTHING to do with glowplugs

If it runs poorly for a few seconds AND makes lots of smoke and wont rev it may actually be an EGR issue

1 - 8 of 8 Posts