Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
6,085 Posts
Yes that's also why on older 2.0 hdi lazy starters and general wear and tear on pumps etc often stop them starting as it can't spin the engine fast enough to hit min fuel pressure.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
yes that is logical. but both my pumps are brand new. The engine is 1/2 year old, and my starter is 2-1/2 yea old. But the lines sounds logical, sense it became more and more difficult to start

·
Registered
15,120 Posts
Starter could be brand new does not mean its a good one my sons transit was a very noisy starter so he changed it for another replacement was quiet but really slow once cold came it would not start we stripped both down used best parts of both starters it fires great now.

The 1600 bar you mention is the maximum not the running pressure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well i ordered a new starter and picked it up today. Guess what.. This piece of s#¤%#¤% Started right up. I have never before experienced this kind of start failure before.
Well i just got a new and expensive lesson. Guess we learn something new every day.

Well it started right up, and i noticed some smoke. Got really bad when i rev the engine. And then i died again just as before. Two times it happened and the the check engine light came on.
I let the engine run on idle to get warm, then i drove it in the shop. hocked up the laptop, and read the codes. 3 codes i got.
Air mass signal to high value. After glow relay or something, can`t remember. And the expensive one. Injector stuck in open position.
Did not say witch one, but it explanes the black smoke. So i ordered 4 new ones today, and a new air mass sensor.
Is there a relay for the glow plugs? and where does it sit?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts