Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i try my luck here to see if any of you have had my kind of problem. I am a mechanic, but this is starting to drive me crazy.
So i will begin at the beginning of my little story. so you have an idea of what is going on here.

First the car just died when i was driving ( in the middle of rush traffic). I turn of the ignition, and tried to start it. I started right away. No lights coming on.
So i continued driving, and did not think of this any more. Two weeks later it happen again. Did the same thing and no problem.
After 3 months it did the same and now i had difficulties starting it. Had to hold the key in start position for 30 sec before it started. Then the light come on.
On my way home from work it did it again, and it started after some time. But now it would only run at idle. As soon i touch the gas it died. I was thinking it was the pump in the tank.
But i just replaced it a year ago. Same with the high pressure pump. When i got home I connected my little fault code reader and it say P0403 to low fuel pressure. So i ordered a new in tank pump
and change it. NO difference. I ordered a new fuel pressure sensor and change it. Bleeding the system, and i was shocked. No fuel coming out the pipes to the injectors. So i tested the stop valve on the pump. It works.
Checked all the lines, changed fuel filter. Nothing seemed to help. So i ordered a new high pressure pump. And i ordered Diagbox 7.75.

I changed the high pressure pump, and bleeding the system. Then i tried to start it. It started right up. Let it run for one hour while i finish mounting pipes. Then i stop the car and took away the jack stands
And was going to start it and NOTHING.馃樀馃樀 I plug in the diagnostic computer and there are NO fault codes what so ever. I have been looking at some of the electrical connectors and cables, but cant find anything.

So now i am praying that you guys have some knowledge of what could be the problem.

Registered
You say your a mechanic if that is correct you should know you cannot bleed a common rail system as if you open ANY pipe the ecu stops the fuel flow as it senses a leak.

Also i doubt you needed to replace 2 high pressure pumps as they rarely fail as for diagnostics there is more to diagnostics than reading codes live data tells you way more info than reading codes ever will reading codes and throwing parts at it rarely cures the issue.

My guess based on your info is wiring issue with a sensor on the engine possibly crank sensor but again live data would confirm that.

Lastly your van is fiat based and i believe the 3 litre engine is of iveco origin so is not using the same systems as a peugeot you may need an adapter lead for diagbox to get proper access to the engine systems

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
When you open the pipes and turn on the ignition, the little pressure from the feed pump in the tank is enough to force the air out the system. I did that. Never said i open the pipes while it was running.
I just got the Diagbox and i will use it tomorrow. learn how to find all the options in it.

Yes my engine is an iveco. What kind of adapter would i need to get full access?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I did some diagnostic today. Live data, and got good stable rpm signal from the crank sensor. Also have good fuel pressure.
I got a few fault codes due to low battery power. After charging and deleting the fault codes, i tried to start. And it started. Ran just perfect.
Then i turned of ignition and tried again. Dead. So i think te problem is electrical somewhere.So i started to rip it apart.

And i believe i have found the problem.
It has been hot in the fuse box. Burnt a hole in it
20200121_145143.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I have ordered a new one. I just hope this is the source for the problem:)

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Did some work today. So far i could not see any problems with the wires going from engine compartment to the cabin.
20200123_123146.jpg
20200123_123208.jpg
20200123_095608.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
But i found the aftermarket cruse control. And the alarm box.
The person who have installed this should have a real as whopping. What a mess.. Have to sort out this tomorrow as well.
20200123_121046.jpg
20200123_121054.jpg
20200123_121105.jpg
20200123_123043.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Well the car is back together. And i have change out bad parts. But still it wont start.
I guess i will get more info when the fiat adapter arrives.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
I do not think so. I think it is spliced with the door lock circuit. But i will see what model alarm this is, and get the schematic
So i can be 100% sure. And try buy pass it in that case. Thanks for the tip :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Well i got my adapter to the Diagbox today. Is there any way to download the settings from the ecu and the BSI module?
I bought a used bsi module, but the DiagBox say it can not be reprogrammed!!
I will connect the computer tomorrow, and see what i can find out.

Registered
No you cannot download settings and to be honest its not a BSI anyway that is a peugeot term but your electronics are pure fiat a used module cannot be reprogrammed well not with normal equipment.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Ok. Is there any way to clone/copy the data from the ecu?

I tried out the adapter today. And did not find anything new. Did some live data Post them here so you can see.
I have some thoughts about the fuel pressure. And i could not see any injector time at all.
So i wondering what is happening here. Is my engine ecu broken?? or is there some other electrical issue i need to check

20200211_145832.jpg
20200211_145816.jpg
20200211_145755.jpg

Fuel pressure looks too low to trigger injectors based on the pics. Are you sure you are not getting air into the system somewhere

Registered
Yes i agree can you change it from graph to just numbers as it will be easier to see i recon

Fuel pressure needs to get to 120 bar before injectors will even open then it will climb quickly to 300

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Fuel pressure looks too low to trigger injectors based on the pics. Are you sure you are not getting air into the system somewhere
I have change the pump in the tank. I had the tank down before. Might check and see if the plastic lines has got a kink somewhere.

Yes i agree can you change it from graph to just numbers as it will be easier to see i recon

Fuel pressure needs to get to 120 bar before injectors will even open then it will climb quickly to 300
Ok i will change to numbers in the graph and see how it is. Aha so it need to minimum 120 bar. But i thought that the
pressure while driving should be around 1600 bar. That is what it say in the manual.

Anyway i will check the lines. Maybe swap them out for hoses.
Thanks

If the pump does not hit 120+ when cranking the pump stays in fuel recirculation mode to stop it running dry as it thinks there could be a leak and ECU won't trigger injection to protect them from dry firing

Once revs rise when engine fires fuel pressure will rise to running pressure normally around 350-500 bar at idle

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
aha i see. and it won`t leave any fault code either because technically there is nothing wrong..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts