Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, auxiliary timing belt badly cracked and needed replacing. Part sent by online parts company was Dayco 6PK1070 , when I removed the damaged part it says Dayco 6PK1041LE. Have put the new belt on but have a concern over the different part part numbers and potential damage. My model is 2016 1.2 PureTech 110. Can I use the 6PK1070 as an internet search cannot find 6PK1041LE nearest hit I get is 6PK1041PM? Any advice welcome as the charge the garage want to fit is over £100 for what was a fairly simple swap and I would prefer to to do this myself?

·
2,769 Posts
HI....my understanding is the 6pk means 6 'grooves' the 1041 denotes the length ..so 1070 is longer than 1041 probably in mm.....as long as the tensioner has reserve travel all will be well.........

·
Registered
15,147 Posts
Its not a timing belt its simply an auxiliary belt but you will need the correct 1041 size 1070 is too much you might get away with slightly shorter say 1038

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HI....my understanding is the 6pk means 6 'grooves' the 1041 denotes the length ..so 1070 is longer than 1041 probably in mm.....as long as the tensioner has reserve travel all will be well.........
Thanks for advice, belt seems tight but I have decided to follow further advice below, as I feel tensioner not designed to stretch to suit 1070 belt, and have found a belt online that is 6PK1041PM and it says it is compatible with part number OEM 9807654480 which was on the belt I removed. Hopefully the PM doesn't stop equivalent as my belt says 6PK1041LE? Kind regards, David.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
The reason the belt probably feels tight is the old one probably stretched. And it slightly longer at the end of it’s life. Once the new one does the same you will have issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The reason the belt probably feels tight is the old one probably stretched. And it slightly longer at the end of it’s life. Once the new one does the same you will have issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for feedback, makes sense. I have ordered a 6PK1041PM belt to replace the 6PK1070 but not sure what PM means as original belt had LE on end. Kind regards, David.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts