Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Has anybody got any tips on changing the thermostat housing on the above car. I've read the Haynes manual and it says remove various wires, all the pipes, and then unclip the main feed round the back and undo 3 bolts.

Sounds easy enough but unclipping the feed pipe looks tricky. There seems to be virtually no space to get at it. I can just about see a tiny bit of it and barely feel it. Would removing the battery make enough of a difference to make getting at the clip that much easier?

Any advice gratefully received especially if you've done the job.

Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi,

surprised there is no response to this post yet as I would have thought a number of members may have replaced there thermostat and would have been able to share there experience or thoughts on replacing it.

Its just that I was thinking of replacing the thermostat and sensor myself, because I have a doubt whether my temp sensor / gauge, is working correctly or not, as I stated in the previous post to yours.

I know the manual does say remove the battery so I would definitely do that for better access, and I think I remember reading something online about using an extra long pair of pointy nosed pliers to get at the clip properly but cant be certain on that.
But I will wait a while longer to see if anyone can share there experience of doing this job as I'm in no hurry to do it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts