Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bough the car a few months back and not long after getting it, I took it back as egr was faulty ( the usual flat spot when accelerating, fluctuating revs when trying for steady throttle between 1400 and 2000 rpm). It seemed ok for a little bit but was/is pretty much as before. It had a new egr fitted but is it possible that it hasn't been programmed? I disconnected it for a couple of days and drove more like it should although the ecu really didn't like it and I had to reconnect it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bough the car a few months back and not long after getting it, I took it back as egr was faulty ( the usual flat spot when accelerating, fluctuating revs when trying for steady throttle between 1400 and 2000 rpm). It seemed ok for a little bit but was/is pretty much as before. It had a new egr fitted but is it possible that it hasn't been programmed? I disconnected it for a couple of days and drove more like it should although the ecu really didn't like it and I had to reconnect it
In allot of situations the EGR needs to be relearned and the learned adaptions reset. When your old EGR was faulty, your ECU adapted to this faulty valve. This can give you a headache when putting in a new EGR. I believe that your particular ECU has no EGR Relearn procedure, but only resetting adaptions. When you start the car after this is done, it will adapt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts