Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Hope someone can help in some way...

Up until a couple of months ago I've had trouble free motoring from a 1.6 diesel Peugoet 307 SW 2008.
It all started one morning, when after starting there would be poor throttle response, but after 30 seconds or less all would be fine. Then one morning it failed to crank over and home start was called. The original battery was found to be dead and was replaced. Off she went again, although on occasions would feel poor throttle response at low speed, eg at roundabouts, t junctions, parking etc.
Then whilst out on a trip the car cut out and coasted onto a verge. Would crank over but not start. Then after 15mins it started and continued journey.
This happened again on another trip, but this time it wouldnt start, so was recovered to a local garage and the crank shaft sensor was replaced.
A few days later the car cut out again and was recovered to a local garage and the EGR valve was replaced.
Four days later the car cut out again and is now parked at the end of our street. [Just popped down to see if she will start and now in Economy Mode, cranks over but doesnt start].

Please can anyone recommend anyone in the Retford area who can help resolve the issue or provide any pointers?

Many thanks in advance.

Jason

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
A week before the battery went the Peugeot had a full service, which included oil, air filter, pollen filter, oil filter and fuel filter.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Where did you get it done? Did you actually see the removed items as some garages are not what they seem! I would also pay the people who replaced the two items, that obviously was not the cause, a visit and ask for recompense like a proper diagnosis and fault finding regime rather than we will try that and take his money one they seem to be using.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
Further investigation reveals there is one vehicle error code:

ECU not communicating on the CAN
Permanent Error Code 0000

Any help regarding this error appreciated...:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent, thank you.... ;o)
I`ve called Peugeot and they've quoted me £295.96 for the under bonnet fuse box, does anyone know if its possible to get a refurbed one?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hi,
The cars at the local garage now, so not had any chance of checking the fuse box out.
Will keep you posted though...:)

*** Update 11.10.2019 ****
Peugeot 307 SW now back at home and running sweet again...;O)
A big thank you to Keith at Hardwick Motor Company, Sutton in Ashfield, for the diagnosis; Dave at Priory Garage, Mattersey for replacing the faulty under bonnet fusebox, and French Connection, Ranskill for supplying the replacement part. Also thank you to every one on peugeotforums.com for their help too, much appreciated.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts