Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Newbie here!
A Jan 2008 reg 307sw se 1.6 hdi 110 bought sec/hand (hire/demo) from main dealer was 8 months old with 9.5k miles recorded.
At this time it had 10500 miles on display showing as next service due.
The trusting, non tech owner took it in 8 months later at 20790 recorded to another peugeot dealer for a 20k service. Dealer stamped book in second space (first is still blank), as service being due at 24500, or 12 months from this date. Service counter was then reset to 20k. (currently displays at 19750). Total mileage is currently less than 21k from new.
Not had chance to talk to anyone at Peugeot yet, but any ideas what is going on? Any ideas what to do about this as looking at data, service interval is 12k.
Thanks, sholland

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply.
Yes, that is what I have now found out.
If Peugeot Main dealer sold car with this error, is owner responsible for exceeding 12k service interval I wonder? Guarantee invalid? Would Peugeot admit a mistake like this??
sholland

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
would like to think they would change or replace your service book if they were half decent , or you could have a case of "sale of goods" act and your consumer rights affected, not up to date on this but you know what i mean , anycase phone citizens advice first.(and do a lot of shouting if it seems your not getting anywhere, include going to the papers)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for taking time to reply.
I agree. I must consider carefully my line of approach. Whether to original seller, the second dealer who just did the service, or another Peugeot dealer not associated with this car.
I would appreciate any other input if anyone has ideas?? Anyone any idea how this could happen?
thanks,
sholland

1 - 5 of 5 Posts