Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car is slowly becoming a niggling nightmare. So I have gone to change a dead bulb today and cannot pull the bulb out as the connector has melted and fused to the legs of the bulb. I have searched and cannot find these connectors for sale on their own.

Has anyone got a solution for this please guys or know where to buy a suitable connector.

Cheers in advance.

·
3,305 Posts
hi....I assume its a h7 bulb....just type in a search thingy..h7 headlamp bulb socket...... and cut and shut in a new one ....

·
Registered
441 Posts
This car is slowly becoming a niggling nightmare. So I have gone to change a dead bulb today and cannot pull the bulb out as the connector has melted and fused to the legs of the bulb. I have searched and cannot find these connectors for sale on their own.

Has anyone got a solution for this please guys or know where to buy a suitable connector.

Cheers in advance.
What bulb type ? If H7 the should be easy enough to find. For instance 2 x H7 2 Pin Headlight Replacement Repair Bulb Holder Connector Plug Wire Socket | eBay

In a pinch you could forgo the connector completely and use isolated female spade crimp connectors instead. Just measure the width of the bulbs connectors.
FULLY INSULATED FEMALE SPADE TERMINAL ELECTRICAL CRIMP WIRE CONNECTOR | eBay

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just ordered the replacement part, do u advise soldering it in then using heat shrink or similar ??

Cheers

·
Registered
441 Posts
Just ordered the replacement part, do u advise soldering it in then using heat shrink or similar ??

Cheers
I'd probably do solder and heatshrink. Don't crop the leads too short by the connector - solder joints don't like one part fixed/inflexible and the other moving/flexing.

Isolated butt crimp connectors should be OK as well. Inside the lamp housing I wouldn't see any major need for the adhesive lined shrink sleeved style.
Insulated Crimp Butt, Splice Connectors, splices, terminals in line connector | eBay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts