Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

looking for help, please.

My partner is looking to get a used 2008 in the next few days, but I am worried that the age she is looking at (2014-2015 ish) will be due or overdue a big cambelt/waterpump service (my audi and her alfa both are due this shortly (64 plate and 15 plate, respectively)).

she is looking mostly at 1.6e-hdi, and possible 1.2 vti, as they both give very good fuel consumption figures and low/zero VED.

As we will likely be hitting a few traders, it would be nice to know if there can be a bit of barter room if such big ticket services are due or overdue.

Any other pointers would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so, gone and put a deposit down on a 2015 1.6 e-HDI automatic Allure in black. 'er indoors seems happy with it, should be good for pick up mid next week, so looking forward to 70mpg territory and zero VED!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks @noddy-hol , I guess the orders of magnitude are more important, i.e. she is going from an Alfa MiTo QV auto with 170bhp but only about 31mpg on mixed driving conditions, so even 50+mpg will be a bonus!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is there any way of telling if it is a EGC or EAT gearbox? 2015 is when the EAT6 was introduced.

cheers,

Pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts