Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In days gone by they would have been called a bumper, but whatever they are called these days, the blessed thing is rattling like a good-un on my 2007 307SW!

Obviously at some time in the past it has received some kind of nerf going by a small amount of overspray, but apart from that this body panel is in excellent condition apart from it not being tightly fitted, as such it rattles quite a bit.

Does any kind sole have any ideas as to how to get at the fixings that hold it on so that I can tighten it up?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Storeman, but my original thoughts were confirmed when I took a close look underneath only to see the large black mounting bracket underneath the n/s rear lights was 95% broken and what was remaining was doing nothing.

So the ever inventive ancient LR Defender owner that I am saw me take a section of black house guttering, cut it to shape, heat bend it until it was approximately a tight fit and then I bonded the entire bodge up together with a very large dollop of Stixall.
As this is all out of sight it doesn't bother me one iota and I am pleased to say that the entire moulding is now as solid as a rock and quite like new!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts