Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I posted in the 207 section, but think the question might be better placed in the ICE / Multimedia section. If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

I have just bought a 2007 207 as per the above, although I haven't picked it up yet. I wanted to fit a bluetooth hands free / streaming option to this as soon as possible after I get it, but reading the posts it doesn't seem to be very straightforward.
It's for a young driver, so I wanted something that would do the streaming and take the phone calls etc.
I have an IO Play 2 in another car (Toyota Auris) which is ideal and works really well; but they are now no longer available.
It sounds as if swapping out the head unit will lose considerable function on the display screens? Therefore, if that is the case, that would not be ideal.

Anyone got any ideas / advice?

Thanks,
D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Will this work?

I was looking at the Connects2 Ltd product, the CTAPGBT011. Sorry, I can't post the link as I don't have enough posts.

If so, will I compromise any of the functions on the original head unit?

I'd appreciate it if anyone could give me some feedback on using this item.

Also ,where do I buy it, and roughly how much does it cost?

Thanks,
D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Advice on head unit.

Still looking at this. I think I'm going to go down the route of installing a new head unit.

I looked at a Sony double DIN unit today, but I was told that to install it in the 207, requires cutting the dashboard. Apparently there is a plastic member between the head unit and the cubby underneath it that will need to be removed.

If someone can confirm this then I'll just look at a single DIN unit instead.

I want the whole thing to be good VFM - looking at MKi9200 Parrot with the SOT lead, I would be looking at roughly £155-165.

The question is can I do the head unit with all of the required leads (including steering column stalk control) for that same price, and then get better sound quality?

The pricing for the leads in Halfrauds was £45 for the steering column harness and another £10 for the aerial lead. I was told that this would then be simply a plug and play install (no soldering, no running permanent batt connections etc.).

If that's the case then I'd be looking for a head unit for ~£100 or so.

What would people recommend at that price?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Its very easy to install the OEM Bluetooth module in most of the 207 models as the wiring is already included in the loom. See my earlier post on how to do this.

Note though that the 2007 module Bluetooth module only provides Hands Free and NOT Music streaming.

The RD4 Radio also has an AUX in port so you can attach a cable for an AUX input but this does of course not stream using wireless Bluetooth !!

Also be aware that the basic RD4 Radio only has one AUX port so if the Hands Free is installed then the AUX port is already used.

The Connect 2 units seem to offer most of the capability by using the CD Changer input on the radio. Note that to use the Hands Free you have to switch to the CD input on the Radio !!

Almost all these solutions will require you to re-program the car to gain access to the extra ports on the Radio. Either this means an expensive trip to the Peugeot Dealer or find a friendly person on this site with the necessary equipment to do this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up just getting a S/H head unit with Bluetooth streaming and phone functionality - Pioneer.
Then used the Connects2 leads that allowed me to just plug and play and keep the steering wheel controls.

All done for £75.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ended up just getting a S/H head unit with Bluetooth streaming and phone functionality - Pioneer.
Then used the Connects2 leads that allowed me to just plug and play and keep the steering wheel controls.

All done for £75.
G'day,

Sorry for digging up an old post, but I'm just about to pick up my 2007 Pug 207 Sport and I'm looking to do the exact same thing.
Can you tell me what leads you used from Connects2??

Did you lose any functionalities at all when doing this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts