Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very silly mistakenly overfilled my van with oil last week

It pulled it through the intake and burnt it off, what a mess blue smoke everywhere

got the van home and now cant get it going, its turning over but wont start
got no fuel coming through
any ideas? is there a inertia switch on these vans that could of triggered
a fuse? or a relay?

answers on a postcard please ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it revved it nuts off until it eventually stopped by itself, turning the key did nothing
don't think theres any engine damage as the van fires up off easy start

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Injector tips may be melted fuel pump could be stuffed you need it plugged into Peugeot planet to see what is happening.

Just because it fires on easy start does not mean engine is ok turbo could also be stuffed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Injector tips may be melted fuel pump could be stuffed you need it plugged into Peugeot planet to see what is happening.

Just because it fires on easy start does not mean engine is ok turbo could also be stuffed.
unsure about the injector tips there isn't any fuel getting that far,

I ran it up to temperature on a tow, and engine all sounded ok, no tapping or knocking etc.

is there a software tool I can download, thanks

C

·
0 Posts
unsure about the injector tips there isn't any fuel getting that far,

I ran it up to temperature on a tow, and engine all sounded ok, no tapping or knocking etc.

is there a software tool I can download, thanks
HHMM Diesel runaway? that is usually terminal as the engine revs its nuts off until it basically implodes, melts, or something irrepairable breaks and the engine cuts out see below how to contact a member for diagnostics on planet

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

this is diesel runaway

·
11,846 Posts
HHMM Diesel runaway? that is usually terminal as the engine revs its nuts off until it basically implodes, melts, or something irrepairable breaks and the engine cuts out
+1 to that. I think it was covered by David Ireland a couple of months ago, so the OP should search for his posts.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Very silly mistakenly overfilled my van with oil last week

It pulled it through the intake and burnt it off, what a mess blue smoke everywhere

got the van home and now cant get it going, its turning over but wont start
got no fuel coming through
any ideas? is there a inertia switch on these vans that could of triggered
a fuse? or a relay?

answers on a postcard please ;)
is there any oil left in it if not then the turbo will be gone and its run out of oil so prob knackered engine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
il take it that no one is actual going to answer the questions asked

just all trying to tell me its broke

·
11,846 Posts
What questions, these?

any ideas?

is there a inertia switch on these vans that could of triggered a fuse?

or a relay?
1) Already been answered - you've probably flucked your engine. Its hard to tell from the vantage point of the internet without seeing it.
2) No.
3) No.

And this was posted:

Just because it fires on easy start does not mean engine is ok turbo could also be stuffed
Which answers the questions fully.

If you don't like these, which were given for free, take it to a garage and pay for the same answers.

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
One last thing I feel I need to add you CANNOT check for fuel getting to injectors on a modern diesel in the traditional method IE opening the injector union will result in NO PRESSURE even on a good engine.

Your engine is likely beyond repair so many parts COULD be faulty a replacement is cheaper.

A session on planet will tell you if you are getting fuel pressure cam and crank signals etc etc these are needed or it will not run.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts