Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've got a suspect faulty egr valve on a 2007 (new shape) Expert, 2.0 hdi.

Very rough idle, if i try and add any throttle it will splutter and cut out, i'm going to put a diagnostic tool on it in the morning to double check.

Has anybody on here replaced an egr valve on the new shape Expert? If so any advise would be really appreciated, i'm going to try and tackle it tomorrow.

Thanks

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Its easiest on a ramp as you need to get under and above !

If you remove the big black metal air intake you will then be able to reach the valve but its fiddly if you have not done it before best to remove plastic intake pipe from turbo and lift it out the way completely gives you room to feel around.

Diagnostic may not show much as its usually the mechanical side of the valve that breaks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hooked up the diagnostic tool and i got trouble code 2143 which after checking on the net is a faulty EGR and is giving an EGR position of -17, does that position mean anything to anybody? Would -17 indicate a faulty EGR?

I just want to be certain before i attempt the removal tomorrow.

Also is there anyway of removing the valve via the bonnet instead of going under the van? As i don't have a ramp

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hooked up the diagnostic tool and i got trouble code 2143 which after checking on the net is a faulty EGR and is giving an EGR position of -17, does that position mean anything to anybody? Would -17 indicate a faulty EGR?

I just want to be certain before i attempt the removal tomorrow.

Also is there anyway of removing the valve via the bonnet instead of going under the van? As i don't have a ramp

Thanks!
Hello, I had an EGR valve replaced earlier this year on my new shape 2007 2ltr . I won't take all of the glory but it was done totally from the top end. A used interior mirror was a massive help as it fitted perfectly into the bulkhead allowing good vision while doing the job. Good Luck a bit fiddly but once it was completed drove like new.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts