Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

a customer is having trouble with his Expert. I've got about as far as i can with it & now i'm starting to scratch my head a little bit & thinking of telling him to get an auto electrician to look at it as my elec skills are limited

Basically when it's warm it won't start. When the ignition is turned on all the dash lights come on but doesn't even try to turn over. There's nothing. I've been through some of the wiring & found a loose connection to the starter motor so tightened that up.

Started up straight away but the engine would've cooled down a bit by then. Next day it did it again. I've had PP plugged in & it gave ECU fault of something along the lines of

"permanent fault, start/stop. engine speed coherence"

oh & crankshaft sensor has been changed

D

·
0 Posts
Hi

a customer is having trouble with his Expert. I've got about as far as i can with it & now i'm starting to scratch my head a little bit & thinking of telling him to get an auto electrician to look at it as my elec skills are limited

Basically when it's warm it won't start. When the ignition is turned on all the dash lights come on but doesn't even try to turn over. There's nothing. I've been through some of the wiring & found a loose connection to the starter motor so tightened that up.

Started up straight away but the engine would've cooled down a bit by then. Next day it did it again. I've had PP plugged in & it gave ECU fault of something along the lines of

"permanent fault, start/stop. engine speed coherence"

oh & crankshaft sensor has been changed
That fault is in every one of them. Thats not your problem.
What engine is in it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i can't just say it's not my problem & wash my hands of it. I told him it was a faulty crank sensor which he's paid me to replace & it hasn't cured the problem. I'm not 1 of those people that just says tough sh*t! I run my own business so I don't need people giving me a bad reputation!

it's a 2.0hdi

·
Registered
28 Posts
hi did you sort this problem as now the weather has warmed up mine wont start if its hot. first thing in the morning or when its cold its bang on the button. after a run try to start it 10 15 mins later it wont have it :confused: same engine 2.0 hdi

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Try pouring cold water over fuel pump to cool it down then try to start it if it starts fuelpumps the problem expands when warm and seals leak pressure causing it not to start.

·
Registered
28 Posts
ok thanks this is a second hand pump been in van bout 3 months i still have the old one is it worth replacing all the seals is there kits you can get

·
Registered
274 Posts
when you say it will not 1 is the engine not turning over when you turn the key or 2 is the engine turning over and will not start.

·
Registered
274 Posts
it does sound like a fuel pump problem, try what nige65 says. i don,t think you can get fuel pump seals but i would be interested to know if there are fuel pump rebuild kits on the market.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi mate

Dont know if your experiencing the same problem I had for ages with my 2006 expert but it turned out to be dodgy ecu, sent that away and had that repaired which cost £200 and the fuel pump was cream crackered, new unit supplied and fitted including vat £320 locally to me.

I have the place I sent my ecu to if you want the details.

·
Registered
28 Posts
yeh shore as i still have the problem still,got a second hand pump coz it wouldnt start when cold, now the weather quite hot atm it wont start when engine is hot lol bangs head against wall :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts