Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi wonder if any of you's can help me have a 2007 e7 and when you accelerate quickly the smoke behind you is unreal if you apply the throttle gently then it's perfectly acceptable but if you need to pull quickly away from junction of bad. Anti pollution light keeps coming on and off even though it has no dpf and the software functionality has been mapped out. I have run a fault code scanner and it popped up with low fuel pressure. Will it be the pump or the injectors any help greatly apperciated.

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
Assuming new shape Check your intercooler is not leaking as this reduces the airflow and means plenty fuel but not enough air.

Antipollution fault has nothing to do with DPF it comes on with ANY fault relating to fuelling

Might be worth getting a live data reading for fuel pressure just to be sure but we have had no injector issues on new shape mainly electrical gremlins :)

We had to replace 2 of our intercoolers although it did not affect performance much they did smoke injectors and pumps not really a great problem on these its usually airflow related.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Assuming new shape Check your intercooler is not leaking as this reduces the airflow and means plenty fuel but not enough air.

Antipollution fault has nothing to do with DPF it comes on with ANY fault relating to fuelling

Might be worth getting a live data reading for fuel pressure just to be sure but we have had no injector issues on new shape mainly electrical gremlins :)

We had to replace 2 of our intercoolers although it did not affect performance much they did smoke injectors and pumps not really a great problem on these its usually airflow related.
If I temporarily by passed the inter cooler with some hard pipe that would eliminate the intercool and see if it improved for a test run? I understand the hot air wouldn't be cooled but would presumably let me see if it improved?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have 10 new shape and 1 old shape but its getting replaced soon as its just too worn out now at 400k miles :)
You able to do live data ? If I'm stuck fancing having a look to diagnose? I'm only in st.andrews so not too far I'd obvy square you a for your time? Just don't want to put it into a garage for them to take the piss I prefer working on the Skodas.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FIXED 2nd hand diesel pump fitted no more smoke and pulls like a train through every gear and no engine management light.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha lol I did wonder when I was talking to you but remember you saying you were in Glasgow so never thought too much about it. Out of interest if you stick a 407 engine in what needs to be changed? Are the turbos the same?

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
Engine is practically the same turbo is the same but the 407 has a sensor on the wastegate where the e7 doesn't you need to use all the e7 wiring as some things are located differently. we had the whole thing done in 1 week.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mpg is piss poor any ideas? Currently getting 29/30 with a bit of rural roads and some town driving ? Also you got a spare oil filter housing top I can purchase?

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
We only get about 30mpg the euro5 ones are a little better but 40mpg on a run is about all you get !

Sorry no spare oil filter caps they tend to get worn and broken regularly due to location especially on euro 5 ones as you cant even see it :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You ever had any window motors fail all I get from the passengers side is a faint click sound with no movement tried giving it a tap while operating switch to no luck. Any other peugeots the same?

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
Window regulators are rubbish they break regularly but never had a duff motor

Might be broken wires at drivers door stopping power getting to passenger side pull back the grommet and check all the wires.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Another one for you bit of a vibration when pulling away in 1st don't think it's clutch judder any ideas?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts