Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all. I have a 2007 2.0 407 HDI which is throwing up several faults on planet. We have had an issue with the air on not working for a few months which we suspected needed a re-gas. Had this done but it didn't fix the issue. We now suspect the cooling fan to be at fault as we have fault codes P061 and P0495, both indicating fan issues.

To cut a long story short(er) Our local independent garage looked at it and it came back with a dpf fault. To fix this they blanked off the egr but we are now getting the following codes

P1447, P1671, P0068, P0409 and P1351.

Are the above codes related to the egr blanking, or are they likely to be a result of a faulty cooling fan. I don't want to start randomly swapping parts out if there is a common denominator?

I have a copy of planet which I use to read/clear fault codes but I haven't any experience with it other than this.

Thanks

·
11,992 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
We really need the descriptions rather than the codes.

Blanking the EGR cannot possibly fix a DPF fault.

Blanking the EGR can sometimes, but rarely, cause a fault because the ECU sees more fresh air coming in through the MAF than it was expecting.

Do you know it was a DPF fault or have you made this deduction from the warning message "Anti pollution system faulty"?

"Anti-pollution system faulty" is a generic error message and could in fact mean pretty much anything!

I'd get it back on PP2k so that you can find out the faults and their descriptions. At the same time you can test the fan by telling it to run (it's under "actuators test").

1 - 3 of 3 Posts