Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i purchased a 9 month old 307 sw HDI 136 3 weeks ago, the oil warning came on today :( i contacted the garage they say it was checked when i bought it i have only done 700 miles, how many miles should i get from one of these engines beetween oil topups?
a bit more than 700 i would have hoped!.

kevh

·
Registered
862 Posts
Take it it's the 2.0 litre hdi engine, the service interval for this engine is 20k,have the same engine in my 407,have done over 13k miles with it and topped up the oil no more than 3 times. unkless the garage sold you a car with the bare minimum of oil in it,its possible you might have a leak.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply
when the warning came on and I checked it i took it straight back to dealer to express my disgusted, the sales manager gave me a loan car and he said he would start ww 3 with the service department. and get all the levels checked and find out why the pdi wasnt done
i got it back last night they asked me to check it weekly for a while as they couldnt find a leak,
im hoping its not burning it as its only done 10000 miles
There is a sticker under the bonnet that says "use Mobile activa/quartz oil" any idea where to get this?

·
Registered
862 Posts
kevh said:
There is a sticker under the bonnet that says "use Mobile activa/quartz oil" any idea where to get this?

Bet you anything that your local friendly pug dealer sells it. In the past i have used CASTROL EDGE TURBO DIESEL 5W-40 no problem. my car has the same engine as your 307.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts