Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
looked a t a 307cc 1.6 s tonight, 52k, lady owner for 6 years, nice and tidy but the clutch felt really high, are they all like this? google search says they are but I'm not sure, feels like its on the way out, its pretty much all the way at the top of the travel, any help would be great
thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
high clutch pedal

I too queried this on here as I thought it was high, higher than the brake pedal and was told oh its on the way out, but as it did not slip and the gear change was OK so carried on, had to take it back to the dealer under warranty and had to have a road test with the technical bod, so asked him, he said its designed like that so when your in cruise control you can tap the clutch or brake pedal to knock the cruise control off, :rolleyes: still drives OK:thumb:

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Neither of my wo7's had a clutch pedal that was very high. May have been slightly higher than the brake but not by much. Whoever said they were designed like that for cruise probably had very bad breath as he was talking through his arse.

I had to replace the clutch on one 307 because it was making a noise due to a collapsed thrust bearing but it wasn't slipping. When I took it out the plate was worn down to about half a mm above the rivets.Just because it isn't slipping doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't need changing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts