Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,car seems to be running fine but plugged in code reader today and it's registered P3008 flowmeter, airflow not pausable (max value),just wondered if anyone can give any advice or a quick fix for this fault.
I had the dpf hollowed and mapped out,also the egr mapped out,plus engine boosted from 110 to 130 bhp.After it was mapped had a code for under boost but checked all the boost hoses and cleaned the MAF and that seemed to cure that fault.The car runs fine with plenty of boost and power,but just wondered if anyone has experienced this fault and could give any advice.

Thanks Graham.

·
Registered
14,650 Posts
Reading what you have written i recon it could well be because of your mods as if you increase the power the engine NEEDS to breath more air so airflow will be higher it may just be at the limit of what the airflow meter can manage

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reading what you have written i recon it could well be because of your mods as if you increase the power the engine NEEDS to breath more air so airflow will be higher it may just be at the limit of what the airflow meter can manage
Thank you very much for your reply,and it really makes sense what you suggest seeing the engine power has been boosted.
When we talk about airflow does that mean air into the turbo via the MAF sensor,or boost pressure boost from the turbo.If as I think it's airflow going into the turbo,would you think a new MAF would solve the problem as my engine has what some would call an economical map to 130 bhp,where some take it up to 140 plus.

thanks reliable406.

·
5,898 Posts
I would say EGR not fully mapped out so airflow higher than expected (ecu is expecting to see a percentage of exhaust gas)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would say EGR not fully mapped out so airflow higher than expected (ecu is expecting to see a percentage of exhaust gas)
I can see what you mean because prior to being mapped the EGR was blanked with a plate and it did throw a code about excess air flow but a different number.
But knowing the engineer who done the map,who is a top guy,I have every confidence that he has done the job properly.

Thanks for your suggestion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts