Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just going to be changing the oil for the first time in this car. First turbo car oil change I've done.

Are there any special rules to adhere to, i.e. is there a filter in the oil lines for the turbo or anything that requires cleaning/changing or is it a simple procedure like it is on the 206?

Gonna feed it with some Total Ineo 5/30!

Cheers.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it, I found the oil filter in my 206 which appears to be in a simlar location to the 207 much easier to remove than faffing about with a removal tool on a Toyota Vitz!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
David, would you happen to know what size socket I would need to extract the spark plugs on this engine? It's an EP6DT.

D

·
0 Posts
Special multispline socket. Try a 16mm
Multispline.
Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just did it on the weekend and thought I'd post an update.

The sump plug turned out to be a special type that I hadn't seen on pugs before. It was a female hex bolt. Google told me it was 8mm hex or 5/16 hex - quick trip down the road and I picked up the right tool. Sump bolt came out without much hesitation at all.

Next thing was the filter. Had to remove the ducting just in front of the battery to get access. Then I got a 27mm socket and some extension and started loosening it - it came off very easily.

Drained for about 20 mins, replaced the filter and filter o-ring, sump bolt back on with a new crush washer, refill oil + confirm with dipstick then with on-dash sensor, all done!

Cars running great as ever, especially after feeding it genuine peugeot parts and consumables!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello! I know this is an old thread, but I'm thinking to do an oil change myself and haven't done it before ever.. I have the same car / engine.

Do you first remove the filter and then you drain the oil? Also, is that ducting easy to remove to access the filter? Sorry I'm useless with engine stuff.. ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts