Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 2.0hdi does not start. It seems that the ecu is not waking up, but I can not find wiring schematics anywhere. It is a Siemens/VDO unit.
I have googled, tried Haynes rep. books and also servicebox.peugeot.com, but can`t find any that helps.
The wiring harness on these cars often rot I have heard, but I have no clue which wires to check for voltage to find the problem, nor where to start looking.
I have done the obvious check`s with battery voltage and all the fuses.
Does anybody have some tips on where, or what wires to check?
Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2007 could be old version or new version and where to look for issues varies a huge amount
Sorry forgot to mention that the van is the newer version.

What I am trying to find out is which wires to the ecu is powering it, and or which wires "wakes it up". The wires are numbered and they are colour coded as well.
I hoped there was a wiring diagram or a ecu pinout reference or something that would make it easier to check the right wires. And not just fiddling around with the wire harness, checking wires there are no need to check.

·
Registered
14,880 Posts
The numbers are what you want colours don't really follow any logic worth repeating
There are lots of powers and earth as for what wakes it up the BSI sends a signal once ignition is turned on this is compared with code in ecu if it matches the ecu sends a handshake back to the BSI and the ecu is ready to go.

Have you done the beep test.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The numbers are what you want colours don't really follow any logic worth repeating
There are lots of powers and earth as for what wakes it up the BSI sends a signal once ignition is turned on this is compared with code in ecu if it matches the ecu sends a handshake back to the BSI and the ecu is ready to go.

Have you done the beep test.
First of all,
Thanks Reliable406 for helping out here!!

No, i Have not done the beep test.
Sorry, but I do not know how to perform a beep test.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did the beep test today, and the car "beeped" when I left the key in.

·
Registered
14,880 Posts
That's good your best bet now is to get some live data readings as this will tell you if ecu is getting power and what it is seeing

Any history you may need to tell us when did it last run did it cut out etc

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have tried four different diagnostic tool`s and none of them finds the ecu or the abs controller.
The only thing the diagnosis finds is the airbag "system".

The van has mainly been used daily to work, driving it 35km each way.
Have never had any problem until this winter. The van had been still for a week.
Started and moved the van during some snowmoving, let it idle for 20-30min. And shut it of.
A week later it did not start, and throwed a fault code "antipollution system faulty" in the display. It does not engage starter or start prewarming.
The starter runs, when wiring it directly, so starter motor is fine.
I then hooked up some diagnostics to retrieve the fault codes, but no ECU to be found.
Checked all the fuses, and called a local peugeot workshop to get some hints in case it was a problem with the antitheft system. But they responded that the car would run the starter motor but not start if the antitheft system was active. The workshop suggested that the ECU was destroyed, so I got a used one and swapped it out, but nothing happened. So it leads me to think that the ECU is not getting power, or a signal to power up.

·
Registered
14,880 Posts
You CANNOT swap the ecu on its own put your original one back !

Check the fuses UNDER the underbonnet fusebox also the ones next to the battery get all wet and rot check the HOLDERS not just the fuses

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again for your time reliable406!!

I swapped out the ECU to check if the new one could be read by a diagnostic tool. But since there was no change, I put the original ECU back.
All my search for the fault is done with the correct original Ecu.
I have done some search, but so far I haven't found anything.
Let you know when I do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts