Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a 2007 107 which won't start, the ignition turns, the lights come on, turn again to turn over the engine and it sounds like it's going to start - like it half turns over - but then it immediately drops out.

It's definitely not the battery - as I thought it might be, so installed a brand new one tonight! It's also not fuel related, there's enough in.

It did this early last year, and was eventually towed to a garage who told me it was something to do with my key/code programming - and charged me £150 to fix it.

Whilst it locks and unlocks remotely, could my key not be disabling the immobiliser for some reason? If so, is there a simple fix that I can do myself?

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Hi guys,

I have a 2007 107 which won't start, the ignition turns, the lights come on, turn again to turn over the engine and it sounds like it's going to start - like it half turns over - but then it immediately drops out.

It's definitely not the battery - as I thought it might be, so installed a brand new one tonight! It's also not fuel related, there's enough in.

It did this early last year, and was eventually towed to a garage who told me it was something to do with my key/code programming - and charged me £150 to fix it.

Whilst it locks and unlocks remotely, could my key not be disabling the immobiliser for some reason? If so, is there a simple fix that I can do myself?
Does it beep to say key is in if left in ignition turned off and drivers door open.

These have Toyota system in them and my key programmer don't need a code but need a working key or remove chip to program key in I'm not sure with planet and it's id70 chip and 6554yj remote if immo box is in same place as Toyota then you gotta take dash out to get to it

Where abouts are you

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply!

I didn't notice - I'll check as soon as I get home tonight.

I'm based in Coventry, not sure if that's too far or if you know someone local if it's an easy fix!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts