Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 407 serviced in November as well as having a new EGR valve fitted (HAAS one), when I got the car back it was chugging when driving and hesitating when taking off from standing. Took it back to the mechanics and they cleared all the faults codes etc and said it isn't anything to worry about. Dropped it into an auto spark to get a second opinion and they could operate the EGR valve etc and they are convinced it's working as it should. So a I did some reading and I disconnected the MAF and the car runs absolutely fine, although the Engine Management Light is on and the warning on dash is DPF faulty.

Does any one have any idea if it's as simple as replacing the MAF and that should resolve the problem? Or could it still be EGR related?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Is the warning
DPF faulty
or is the warning
engine antipolution system defective
?

I've never seen the first one. The second one is very common and it's just a generic message that could mean any number of things -- including a faulty MAF.

That unplugging the MAF solves the physical problem suggests that a new MAF would be a good place to start.

To get more information we really need to see what faults are reported in PP2k. For the MAF it will be something like short circuit or value out of range.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts