Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just become a new owner of the above, the car has been really well looked after. Literally no expense spared. 1 old lady owner etc. Just curious should there be any smoke on the first cold start of the day? As there is some whitish smoke that soon clears. Do these engines smoke a bit on first start?thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Wouldn't that be a blueish smoke? Its not alot of smoke at all and is white and certainly not thick. Clears after about 5-10 seconds, I thought maybe its normal as I can't imagine a diesel on the first start of the day not giving a little bit of smoke? Was just wondering I anyone else's does this from the first cold start of day as it does it no other time. Even when left 10 hours at work. Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

Full service in September 2015. Service light literally has just come on. Was going to service it this week.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Do an oil and filter change every 6k and it should run well for a long time. What's the mileage? I have the same car but and 07 plate and it doesn't smoke at all on startup.

·
11,873 Posts
Hi guys,

Just become a new owner of the above, the car has been really well looked after. Literally no expense spared. 1 old lady owner etc. Just curious should there be any smoke on the first cold start of the day? As there is some whitish smoke that soon clears. Do these engines smoke a bit on first start?thanks
To be honest I'd be concerned - old lady owner. I'd be guessing that its done lots of local trips - not good for a 1.6 diesel, especially if its the 110 with DPF.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, she done plenty of miles. Its on 126000 miles. Its the 90bhp model I do believe. What oil do I need to use? Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do an oil and filter change every 6k and it should run well for a long time. What's the mileage? I have the same car but and 07 plate and it doesn't smoke at all on startup.
Ok cheers. What oil do I need to use? And its on 126000. Literally paper work for everything. Cambelt also done end of last year.

·
Registered
648 Posts
As it's the 90HP version you won't have a DPF or a Dual Mass flywheel (more expense!). A good fully synthetic oil such as Total QUARTZ INEO ECS 5W-30 (recommended by peugeot, you can get a good price for it from the distributor Nielsen CDG who sells via their site, Amazon and eBay) or Eurocarparts stuff is fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As it's the 90HP version you won't have a DPF or a Dual Mass flywheel (more expense!). A good fully synthetic oil such as Total QUARTZ INEO ECS 5W-30 (recommended by peugeot, you can get a good price for it from the distributor Nielsen CDG who sells via their site, Amazon and eBay) or Eurocarparts stuff is fine.
Thanks Eccles, ill get some.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts