Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this site, have a question, during my last mot inspection it was noticed there was a slight leak from the rear silencer. After enquiring at local Peugeot Dealers was told a replacement is not available. I then contacted Peugeot UK to be told they were not available as there was to call for them.
Wondered if anyone else with a 407 had the same problem or is this a way of making 13 year old cars obsolete

·
2,582 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Peugeot 407 2.2 16v

Thanks for the reply, I have tried Kwik fit and others with no success, I have in fact bought an after market one off Ebay from Germany but it looks to be a different shape, Won't know if it if fits until I get around to try it. Just seems mad if you want an exhaust for a 206 308 etc they are readily available.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Have you checked if the 2.0 HDi has the same shape??

I am in the same boat with the 407 Coupe, if the exhaust needs replacing, it's either £600 at the stealers (if it's available that is) or a couple hundred to get a custom one made up.

If all else fails, just go to a proper exhaust fabrication place and tell them you want a copy making up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Peugeot 407 2.2 16v saloon Rear silencer

Further to my previous post, fitted the replacement silencer today, fitted perfectly. Bought off Ebay, company called Exhaust systems in Germany,
the name on Ebay is Gerlach, the cost including fitting kit and delivery
£51.90

1 - 5 of 5 Posts