Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
The other day my van was running fine drove to the shop, came back to van couldn't remember if van was locked or not & buttons worn out.
Pressed unlock, lock then unlock again very fast, not sure if this has anything to do with the problem?
Put key in ignition waited for plugs to go out then went to start but wouldn't fire although engine turns over.
Engine management light remains on constantly.
I have taken off the fuel pipes & fuel is definately fuel being pumped.
I know I will need the codes read but that isnt cheap and the van is my lively hood, just wondering if anyone has had similar problems and may be able to shed any light....before I get fleeced by the stealership.
Many thanks in advance.

D

·
0 Posts
Ill bet the electronic stop solenoid in the injector pump is shot. Common enough issue. Its a pump out job or angle grind the security plate off the top of the solenoid to gain access.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill bet the electronic stop solenoid in the injector pump is shot. Common enough issue. Its a pump out job or angle grind the security plate off the top of the solenoid to gain access.

Someone else said this to me, grinding off the plate so it has no immobilser anymore, that wouldnt bother me at all.
Would involve some wiring etc

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Dave,
My cousin is a diesel mechanic, just spoke to him on the phone & he said the same thing as he has done a few, shame he lives 100 miles away.
Do you know if spraying some easy start in airbox will confirm or dismiss this diagnoses?
Cheers again much appreciated

D

·
0 Posts
Cheers Dave,
My cousin is a diesel mechanic, just spoke to him on the phone & he said the same thing as he has done a few, shame he lives 100 miles away.
Do you know if spraying some easy start in airbox will confirm or dismiss this diagnoses?
Cheers again much appreciated
Yes it should run on it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello dave,
Cheers for the help so far, it's much appreciated.
Have narrowed the problem down to the fuel stop solenoid, but have read different thing regarding wiring etc.
Just spoke to peugeot dealer and can get one for £25 and they say its just a case of replace no need for wiring & programming is this correct?
Will be my last question I promise lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers, will it need re coding or not?
Sorry just hearing conflicting opinions and getting confused.
Also heard if I remove plunger it will run fine but will need to stall it to stop, will there be any flooding of engine?
Im not really bothered how I do it, just need to get back to work ASAP been out of action for a while as my camchain snapped on my motorbike and put me out of action for a couple of months, self employed so no sick pay.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh bet that wont be cheap, think I may have to go down the remove the plunger and stall option just till Im back on my feet.
Will this flood a diesel engine when engine off?
Sorry for 1,000,000 questions, normally put all my motors in the garage for any work just been a tough time not working since my accident, to be honest pretty rewarding feeling doing the work yourself.
I am quite mechanically minded just got quite lazy over the last few years.
Have posted a pic & circled the part I think I will need to grind out.
I wouldnt normally be in such a rush but Im doing all this in a pub car park & dont want to pee them off too much luckily I have a cordless grinder etc.
Thanks mate for taking the time to bother with what is probably tedious questions to a man like yourself if I could buy you a pint I would.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ahh starting to get this now and may get a solenoid off ebay and dismiss the immobiliser, just not sure how to go about the wiring, I take it the stop solenoid opens when ignition on and closes when ignition off.
So need to use a live wire ie reverse light, where do I need to wire to? the 3 wires on throttle sensor on the top of pump?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You have the wrong part in your sights :)

Part you need to open is the metal cover fitted where a stop solenoid is on most older diesel pumps its the metal box below your throttle wires in pic.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JESUS!
Could have done with some dynamite to remove that cover LOL
To be honest it weren't that bad got a decent grinder blade & made sure I had a fire extinguisher at hand.
Have single wired in a new solenoid.
Only prob I have now is bleeding the fuel system, spent too much time trying to start the van without diagnosing the problem so once all back together turned over twice and died.....ooooops.
Battery now on charge for the morning.
Any tips on bleeding would I would be really grateful so I can get it done as quick as possible and not have to charge the battery again.
Cheers for the help guys

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

You sir are a legend, thankyou so much for sound advice!
Van started once battery charged albeit a bit clanky and smokey, then ran smoother than ever, not sure if connected to work carried out or not but used to judder when pulling off...not anymore.
Had to do the plunger removal bodge as am out of town, luckily a few lads helped me push onto a pub carpark.
Now home gonna pick up a new solenoid tomorrow, can you advise where to wire the live to? should I splice etc.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts