Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 (55) Peugeot 206 1.4 Verve - Non-starter

My son has a Peugeot 1.4 Verve; the car has suffered intermittent cutting out and starting issues. Over the weekend the car has been serviced (oil, filters, plugs etc), I also replaced the crank sensor as a precautionary measure.

The car started following service and test drove (engine sounded better and more responsive) although the car cut out once during the drive (apparently driving over a bump but I was not in the car).

Following installation of a new radio and cycling of the ignition to test for switched live feeds the car will not now start; the starter motor turns over, the fuel pump primes and all ignition lamps illuminate including the amber engine management lamp.

The car only has one key (no buttons) and no blip although it does have central locking.

The driver door did not previously switch the interior lamp, I have now repaired this and note there is no audible tone when the ignition key is left in the ignition barrel (although I cannot confirm this happened before the non-starting issue).

The car is showing permanent P0201, P0202, P0203, P0204 injector fault codes.

My gut feel is a key/immobiliser issue; is there anyway to verify this view before I resort to buying a PP2000 or have the car recovered to the main dealer?

Many thanks, Darren

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update

AA called to the car but the Technician was unable to start the car (it did start once and ran for about 5secs) - the Technician confirmed that the fuel pump was working etc

His advise was to call out a mobile key transponder outfit to cut / sync another key then look at a replacement BSI.

I have since charged the battery (the engine started once again for 5 secs and cut out)

I have now also completed the BSI reset (followed procedure) although the car does not have a blip so I couldn’t press and hold the lock button as described in the reset procedure..........the engine will still not start but there is an audible tone when the ignition key is in the ignition barrel and the drivers door is open.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
You need to scan it with PP2000/Diagbox for any fault codes stored [these will possibly help steer in the right direction] and, more importantly, get LIVE data while cranking, hopefully when it runs and that should tell you what is failing and causing it to cut out.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
If its beeping with door open then the key SHOULD be fine.

Check ALL the fuses in the BSI this is a common issue when people mess with radios in peugeots.

Disconnect the radio too as sometimes there is a wire in the plug that shorts out the canbus lines

1 - 5 of 5 Posts