Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've had a good look through the handbook, but I cannot find wheel or tyre specifications.

If I type the car reg into online tyre shops I get 215/55 R17 94W and sometimes 206/60 R16 92H. My car has 17" wheels, and while the tyre sizes match the first result, the load and speed ratings are different.

So I've got a few questions:
  1. Are the reported tyre specs correct for the 407SW (mine is the 2.0 HDi 135 with 6-speed auto)?
  2. Did any SW models come with 16" wheels?
  3. Tyres are pretty pricey for the 17". Is there a cheaper option within spec? Could I switch to 16" safely for this model?
Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi,

I've had a good look through the handbook, but I cannot find wheel or tyre specifications.

If I type the car reg into online tyre shops I get 215/55 R17 94W and sometimes 206/60 R16 92H. My car has 17" wheels, and while the tyre sizes match the first result, the load and speed ratings are different.

So I've got a few questions:
  1. Are the reported tyre specs correct for the 407SW (mine is the 2.0 HDi 135 with 6-speed auto)?
  2. Did any SW models come with 16" wheels?
  3. Tyres are pretty pricey for the 17". Is there a cheaper option within spec? Could I switch to 16" safely for this model?
Thanks
You can run any size you want.
I run 225/30 on 19” rims.
All you need is the offset to be between 40 and 48.
The standard is 15” wheels.
If you go eith a 17” rim you need the tire to be a 55 in order for the speedo to show the correct speed.
Hope this makes sense to you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can run any size you want.
I run 225/30 on 19” rims.
All you need is the offset to be between 40 and 48.
The standard is 15” wheels.
If you go eith a 17” rim you need the tire to be a 55 in order for the speedo to show the correct speed.
Hope this makes sense to you
Thanks, yeah it makes sense. I suppose I should have really said that I want to stick with wheels that would have been factory-fitted on the 407SW. For looks, as well as not having to mess around with insurance.

Is 15" really the standard for these? The tyres must be balloons on those!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thanks, yeah it makes sense. I suppose I should have really said that I want to stick with wheels that would have been factory-fitted on the 407SW. For looks, as well as not having to mess around with insurance.

Is 15" really the standard for these? The tyres must be balloons on those!
Not many came out on 15”
Most people have gone for either the 16 or 17 option

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was surprised to see the 'W' rating after putting my registration into these tyre websites, considering the top speed of the vehicle is nowhere near that. I also need to make sure that I get the load rating right. Is there anywhere that will give me a definitive tyre spec for these cars?

·
3,290 Posts
This is from 'black circles and is the options for my 407...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts