Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Ive just put a deposit down on a very well kept 2006 307 1.6hdi 90 (70k miles fsh). The only downside was the aircon didn't blow at all. Upon turning it on there was no discernible click of it kicking in and no fan operating. Would I be right in thinking that if the gas pressure isn't upto it then the system won't engage ?

Having had aircon woes with my current xsara I know the costs involved with replacing components. The deller is getting it re gassed...

Anyone got any thoughts

richard

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
If the pressure has fallen then the clutch won't engage and no aircon.

Could be other things but a regass is the likely culprit and seeing that the dealer is getting it regassed if it still doesn't work then they should be able to diagnose & repair the fault before you stump up the rest of the cash.

Both 307's that I've had needed regassing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Storeman,

Yes I think regassing it should sort it out but I was that impressed with the rest of the car that so long as the seller adjusts accordingly it will be fine.

After having a xsara estate for 6 years I'm looking forward to the 307.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a call from the dealer and needless to say I'm feeling a little bit smug.... his garage regased the system low and behold it needs a new cospcondenser!

Dealer isn't so happy now!

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Just goes to show that the advice to check all electrics are working when looking at a car pays off. I bought my first 307 on boxing day 2013 and checked the aircon - thought it was working but it was so cold that I couldn't tell. Turned out that it needed a re-gas but some numpty wrote the car off before I got round to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts