Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have a 2006 307 1.6HDI which has been signalling depollution fault and ABS fault amognst other things.

I've read the faults using a Delphi system for now as my PP2000 is out of action at the moment.

Here goes:

P1435 - Additive system fault - value received by CAN network incorrect -
permanent (I dont think its actually installed. I cant see the tank)

P0490 - Not enough EGR - intermittent (New EGR was fitted and adapted last week)

P0401 - EGR air flow measured higher than reference value - intermittent

P1162 - EGR Solenoid component blocked - intermittent

P0100 - MAF sensor - air flow too high - intermittent

P0238 - Turbo pressure signal short to positive or too high - intermittent

P0500 - Vehicle speed info - too high - intermittent

U0121 - ABS no communication - intermittent

This car also has no power steering until its been driven a couple of meters first. I noticed in the measured values that the steering ECU thinks the engine is not running when it is.

I know it's a lot to kick things off with but any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sensor problem 307 sw 1.6hdi 2006 plate

Stop message comes on engine temp too high this happens intermittently garage have checked for faults can't find any problem recently fitted new radiator /water pump etc anyone else had this problem can be a bit disconcerting when travelling up the motorway and the stop light suddenly comes on with temp gauge in red zone keep driving and everything is back to normal in a few seconds stop turn off engine turn back on and temp gauge reads normal .

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
first of all check the basics.

bleed the coolant to make sure theres no air in there

check the coolant cap these cause issues if there knackered.

check the thermostat.

check the tempreture sensor

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Hey everyone,

I have a 2006 307 1.6HDI which has been signalling depollution fault and ABS fault amognst other things.

I've read the faults using a Delphi system for now as my PP2000 is out of action at the moment.

Here goes:

P1435 - Additive system fault - value received by CAN network incorrect -
permanent (I dont think its actually installed. I cant see the tank)

P0490 - Not enough EGR - intermittent (New EGR was fitted and adapted last week)

P0401 - EGR air flow measured higher than reference value - intermittent

P1162 - EGR Solenoid component blocked - intermittent

P0100 - MAF sensor - air flow too high - intermittent

P0238 - Turbo pressure signal short to positive or too high - intermittent

P0500 - Vehicle speed info - too high - intermittent

U0121 - ABS no communication - intermittent

This car also has no power steering until its been driven a couple of meters first. I noticed in the measured values that the steering ECU thinks the engine is not running when it is.

I know it's a lot to kick things off with but any help is much appreciated.
i would do a bsi reset first of all

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The large number of 'intermittent' faults suggests that you have either disconnected the battery without putting the BSI to sleep, or there is a bad electrical connection somewhere causing the various items to momentarily shut down and restart.
Clear the faults, take it for a drive and see which reappear.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've saved a report of the faults and cleared them already. They all return quite quickly along with a noticible loss of power.

I was thinking about bad connections too so I've already removed and cleaned the power supply cable to the BSM beside the battery, also the alternator connection and the battery to engine and chassis earth connections. They all looked good anyway.

I'll try a BSI reset to see if that helps.

It seems like wherever all of these systems terminate or a junction somewhere is the problem though.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
The fact they're all intermittent suggests electrical gremlins, as WillNZ said.

Check the connector into the engine management ECU, a little bit of water ingress can cause corrosion on the pins.

I know you've done a visual inspection on the straps, but it might be worth disconnecting them, cleaning them up and re-securing them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for the slow reply, been working a lot!

I was back at the car today briefly and did a BSI reset which has restored cruise control function but now I have a permanent comma failure for the ABS system which in turn is causing the airbag system to flag faults as well as the power steering. The mileage LCD section on the cluster simply has a few dashes instead of the mileage being displayed.

I'm fairly confident that the BSM has had some water damage at some point due to white fluffy deposits under some fuses and also the corroded pin inside the brown (middle) socket.

In reply to the post above, I did remove the various earth and live connections and clean them. They were good anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bit of an update:

Went to the breakers and got a BSM as Planet wasn't communicating with mine and also an ABS unit as the one on the car I was looking at was identical. I got the ABS unit just in case mine was dead and causing the steering pump issues.

Pulled the arch liner off my car to get at the ABS unit for a look at the wiring and found that the horn bracket was bent up and had trapped the wiring for the ABS unit. I freed the wires and found one wire had broken completely. Luckily I cut the plug from the donor car and was able to swap some stuff over. Once repaired, I cleared the various faults.

First thing I noticed was the steering wasn't working properly as yet, still required me to drive for a few feet before it started working. The road test went well initially, no depollution fault on screen and the ABS and airbag lights stayed off.

After a few miles and a hard accelleration I got the depollution fault. I came back and checked the fault list. Thankfully all the random faults for EGR, air mass and whatever else have gone and I only have P0238 for overboost. I'm picking up a new boost solenoid tomorrow as it's quite likely to be at fault from what I can gather.

Next I swapped the BSM in the hope that it would sort out the steering pump issue which indeed it did! Now Planet communicates with the replacement BSM and everything seems to be working as it should, including the steering on startup.

In summary I think the grounded broken wire was causing the majority of the sensor faults and water ingress had damaged the BSM so some extent. What a pain in the rear end! Getting there slowly. I'll update once the new boost solenoid is fitted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts