Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening gents,

I have purchased a 2006 2.0l HDi 307 with about 215,000 kms on the clock ( purchased from my father who has owned from new ) two weeks ago.

First impressions: awesome car, love it.

When cruising under light load at about 2,000 RPM the engine gently surges about 1-200 RPM, accelerate a little and the surging stops.

Where do I start ?, I am not a mechanic but will turn a hand to most things, generally speaking, I fix more things than I break.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
David, that is a good idea.

Josh Cox, 39, married, its been the best eight years of my life.........................

Two kiddies, boy 4 and girl 6, fly aeroplanes for a living, wife works.

Have restored a couple of motorcycles:

Live in Cairns Australia.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just looking on the ground, you can tell where the bikes were made ( the Commando had no oil in it at the time of this photo ). :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeh, thanks for all the help guys, your input above has been overwhelming.

As luck would have it I worked it out myself, a week with no surging.

Again thanks for taking the time out of your busy days to offer advice, that's what I love about these websites, the sharing of the knowledge.............

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeh, thanks for all the help guys, your input above has been overwhelming.

As luck would have it I worked it out myself, a week with no surging.

Again thanks for taking the time out of your busy days to offer advice, that's what I love about these websites, the sharing of the knowledge.............
I've got a 2007 2.0lt Hdi with same problem. Can I ask what your solution was?
Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
G'day,

I started with a can of MAF sensor cleaner from an auto store, cleaned the:

1: air flow sensor near the air filter,and,
2: the two sensors on top of the engine on the intake ( outlet manifold from the intercooler ), one is a mass air flow sensor (MAF) and the other is some sort of temperature/density sensor ( be gentle with the sensors, remove the electrical plug and little bolt, the sensors pull vertically out of the manifold ).

Refueled the car and added a litre bottle of metho, drove that tank out and then refueled again and added octane booster / injector cleaner and drove that tank out.

A bit over a week now and no surging, from the next refuel onwards I will run the diesel power additive.

I believe the ECU has a learning type module, it will take a little while for the ECU to learn the new sensor parameters, when I cleaned the two sensors on the outlet of the intercooler, they were very very dirty, entirely covered in carbon, oil and dust.

My fuel consumption has dropped from 8.2 litres / 100 to 7.4.

Good luck

Josh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts