Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, hoping someone can help me out.
I have just purchased a 2005 307 1.6 Hdi (110). 99k miles (allegedly) and there seems to be electrical faults.

Key fob central locking isn't working, the drivers door opens with the key but doesnt always trigger the central locking/unlocking functionality, instead the door is just mechanically unlocked.

Once the door opens, there is no cabin light - its as if the battery has been disconnected.

When the key is turned to ignition, the multifunction display says "electronic anti theft faulty" for second then goes away. and the clock is totally reset to 12:00. The car starts without issue and the radio etc. work fine.
If I turn the engine off and remove the key, then put the key back in the clock will be reset again.

I believe these issues are all related. Can anyone help diagnose this problem?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi Folks, hoping someone can help me out.
I have just purchased a 2005 307 1.6 Hdi (110). 99k miles (allegedly) and there seems to be electrical faults.

Key fob central locking isn't working, the drivers door opens with the key but doesnt always trigger the central locking/unlocking functionality, instead the door is just mechanically unlocked.

Once the door opens, there is no cabin light - its as if the battery has been disconnected.

When the key is turned to ignition, the multifunction display says "electronic anti theft faulty" for second then goes away. and the clock is totally reset to 12:00. The car starts without issue and the radio etc. work fine.
If I turn the engine off and remove the key, then put the key back in the clock will be reset again.

I believe these issues are all related. Can anyone help diagnose this problem?
what is the car battery voltage before starting, while starting and after starting?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is the car battery voltage before starting, while starting and after starting?
Before starting ~12.8V
While starting: ~13V
After starting: ~14V

The battery is new, and I have also tried a slightly older, larger CCA battery with the same results. I do not need to start the engine for the clock to reset, only to remove the key.

I have a feeling the bsi has been wired to only power on when the key is turned to second position (ignition).

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Before starting ~12.8V
While starting: ~13V
After starting: ~14V

The battery is new, and I have also tried a slightly older, larger CCA battery with the same results. I do not need to start the engine for the clock to reset, only to remove the key.

I have a feeling the bsi has been wired to only power on when the key is turned to second position (ignition).
sounds like a bad earth or bad connection on a fuse or bad wire behind radio, is it an aftermarket radio?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice guys. I found out after much digging that the car's shunt fuse was in parked mode rather than customer mode. I believe this has something to do with attempting to reset faults after the key has been removed. Hope this helps someone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts