Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I had a broken cable for the window regulator - so I replaced it, and all the other cables for the regulator.
But now the window doesn't automatically go down enough when you try and open the door from the inside or out.
You can hear the motor try and wind the window down - but the window doesn't wind down enough. You can push the window down with your hand the inch that is required, but it doesn't 'fall' down enough.

This causes the window to catch on the rubbers when trying to open the door.

Any suggestions? I've tried oiling the sliders/guides but that didn't work.

I notice the cables going into the regulator/motor bracket thing, have two springs on them. When the motor tries to lower the window the inch that is required to clear the rubbers, one of the springs compresses fully and the window doesn't go down. If I then slide the window down with my hands, the spring decompresses and the window goes down the required inch.

I guess the window must be rubbing on something somewhere so it can't fall down enough?

Cheers
Hunt

·
Registered
14,634 Posts
You say it catches on the rubbers when opening the door the window should drop itself a little when you touch the handle its not much possibly 10mm is this what your on about i think it is.

If so chances are the glass is indeed catching try removing the glass from the regulator then see if the regulator can do its thing you can see it moving a little if it does its the glass if it does not its the regulator

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You say it catches on the rubbers when opening the door the window should drop itself a little when you touch the handle its not much possibly 10mm is this what your on about i think it is.

If so chances are the glass is indeed catching try removing the glass from the regulator then see if the regulator can do its thing you can see it moving a little if it does its the glass if it does not its the regulator
Yeah I'm thinking it's the glass catching on rubbers or slides somewhere. As even when it wasn't attached to the regulator I could slide the window all the way to the top and it would stay there by itself....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats your problem then as when i stripped mine last week the glass practically fell out when i removed the rear bolt !
Yeah will have to take a look and see if I can figure it out.

What would normally catch it?

Actually - sorry I lie - the window was catching when it was attached to the regulator, but the regulator didn't have any cables attached.

hmmmmm.....

I'll have a play this weekend again.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts