Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I am new to this forum so hello everyone 馃憢.
I am an experienced mechanic and until recently I worked for a taxi firm that used to run a lot of Peugeots.

Anyway my other half has a 2005 307 90ps that we / I have done a lot of work to recently. It is currently on 160k miles and engine is sweet as a nut.
Just recently its had Cam belt and water pump, 4 new koni Street shocks and all new top mounts, brembo discs and pads all round and fully serviced regularly.
The only diesel of this age i know of that the oil stays clear in the engine and has no leaks.
She loves this car and we want to keep it for as long as possible.

The only fault with the car is the clutch is juddering and high, gears are getting stiff to change and box is whining which is slowly getting worse.

Its already had an Egr delete and remap, and we both think it could benefit from a 6 speed upgrade.

Im 99% sure that the box from a 110ps variant will fit this engine but will the non DMF type clutch fit the splines on the input shaft of this gearbox, are the drive shafts the same, are the mounts the same, cables, starter, release bearing, slave cylinder etc. Etc.

Apologies if this has been covered already but i cant find much info.

Maybe some comparison of part numbers may help?

Many thanks.

Registered
I have looked at this and yes it is doable but the 6 speed box does not have the crank sensor in the top of the bellhousing the clutch is not an issue though gearcables would need messing about with too.
With a bit of chopping and changing of parts it can be done but just so you are aware the 2.2 6 speeds from 807 etc DO have the crank sensor in them but are no good as the bellhousings on 2.2 is bigger !

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Very helpful info, if i have to change gear cables its not an issue as mine are worn anyway, I would just replace them with a 6 speed set.
So where would the crank sensor be located on a 6 speed model as they are basically the same engine? Surely i can just put the crank sensor where it lives on the 110? Extending wiring would not be an issue...

Registered
6 speed box is not fitted to 110 307s it is only on 136 hp RHR engines this is the same as the RHK in a taxi and as such the crank sensor is on the bottom pulley.

You probably cant use that sensor as the sensors work differently i believe also the flywheel does not have the lugs for the bellhousing sensor to read on the RHR engines so you need the older flywheel i was planning on just drilling the bellhousing in the correct place for the sensor.

We are now going to fit a 2.2 and 6 speed box as we have a good one here and these do have the correct crank sensor.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Ah ok. I read some incorrect info somewhere that suggested some 110ps 307 came with 6 speed. Oh well.
I know the RHK engine well as they were in all our experts.

When fitting the 2.2 surely you would need to fit the correct engine ecu with it and have the BSI virginized so the bsi and ecu match, meaning the immob will let it start. Also need peugeot planet to config the bsi to the correct engine /gearbox code. Sorry if teaching you to. Suck eggs, but i have a little experience here with changing ecu's and immob nightmares

Think i may just try an rhk bottom pulley if it fits, and see if crank sensor will bolt there, i can get spares of these for free. If that doesn't work i will look into drilling in bellhousing.

Thanks for your help

Registered
You dont need to have any nightmares you just fit the BSI etc from doner in my case im fitting the 2.2 from an 807 but its going into a 406 so im using the 406 coupe engine loom and ecu set from a 2.2

Its not the RHK pulley you need its the sensor ring behind it and the crank sensor needs something to bolt on to on the RHK it has a casting in the cover for it.

Drilling the bellhousing will work but you will need the solid flywheel with the sensor rings like the RHW engines.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Does my RHY not have the correct solid flywheel already?

Fair play, you're really going for it on the 406!

Registered
Yes it will have the correct flywheel just giving the full info for anyone reading in future :)

The 406 needs a gearbox and clutch is nearly done we use it for towing so the 2.2 will give better pull we did think of a v6 petrol conversion as i have this engine in my espace and its incredible smooth best petrol engine made by peugeot or renault but its easier just to keep it diesel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts