Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have a 2005 307 2.0 HDI Diesel Turbo won't that won't start. I have only just recently purchased this car second hand so not sure about its history.
I have put a brand new battery in the car a week ago but drove to the local shops yesterday, went to get back into the car, turn the key and then nothing. The stereo, fuel gauge and temp gauge as well as handbrake light and engine light come on but nothing else. No clicking from the engine to indicate a flat battery.
The only sound that I could hear was a quiet click coming from where the fuses are inside the car. But now there is nothing. Is this a starter issue or make something else.

HELP!

Kane

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep so you were right. I was the fuse under the bonnet. However, I replaced it and have done 3 or four trips in the car and now its blown again. Any clues as to what would be causing this?

·
6,778 Posts
Failing starter solenoid or bad earth to engine

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys,

So I thought id just change over the starter which I have. But I still have the same issue. The starter will make the 'Click' sound. Then I Go to try again and the fuse blows. What do I do?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys,

So I thought id just change over the starter which I have. But I still have the same issue. The starter will make the 'Click' sound. Then I Go to try again and the fuse blows. What do I do?

Also any idea where these are suppose to attach?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
What are they off or more to the point where abouts are they on the car i.e. near the starter or seeing the rad is it near the turbo?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
One looks like a vacuum pipe so I would guess the turbo. Have you checked that the engine can turn by hand as it might be seized or the replacement starter is somehow jammed!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The car starts now. But still don’t know where the two pipes in my hand go. Not to the turbo. They don’t reach anywhere near.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think the pipes attach to the air doser, it's basically above your had in the photo, and it moves a flap in that plastic 'Y' assembly to divert the air from either the intercooler or straight from the turbo to the engine.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Yep they go to a doser or to a vacuum canister under the manifold but wherever they go they need sorted or you wont get correct boost this will lead to DPF issues as low boost means a clogged filter as if they are left open the vacuum is escaping so does not control the turbo correctly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep they go to a doser or to a vacuum canister under the manifold but wherever they go they need sorted or you wont get correct boost this will lead to DPF issues as low boost means a clogged filter as if they are left open the vacuum is escaping so does not control the turbo correctly.
I’ve pulled that section off and there is nowehere for them to attach. I’m so confused and they won’t reach to anywhere else.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Boost control solenoid is down under the alternator on some models i just looked at an engine we have here and i recon thats where they go

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’ve pulled that section off and there is nowehere for them to attach. I’m so confused and they won’t reach to anywhere else.
Look more carefully under that three way connection. They go in there, but it’s not immediately obvious. Each butterfly valve needs two lines going to it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Look more carefully under that three way connection. They go in there, but it’s not immediately obvious. Each butterfly valve needs two lines going to it
I’ve taken it off and turned it upside down but there is no other male fittings for the pipe to attach to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 20 Posts