Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi having trouble locating crankshaft sensor and what i might have to remove to get to it any help is much appreciated it's a 407 if that makes any difference

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have been looking for ages now cant find any pictures of location or any info as to were it on here or the net please help must be somebody on here that knows im sure its by flywheel but dont see anything I got a new one to fit

·
12,095 Posts
A Google says:

The crank position sensor is located at the back of the engine block just below the cylinder head. It actually projects into the bell housing and reads the teeth on the flywheel where it references TDC for #1 cyl and RPM's of the crank.

I've never been able to find it on Servicebox, I don't know what name Peugeot are using for the par.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A Google says:

The crank position sensor is located at the back of the engine block just below the cylinder head. It actually projects into the bell housing and reads the teeth on the flywheel where it references TDC for #1 cyl and RPM's of the crank.

I've never been able to find it on Servicebox, I don't know what name Peugeot are using for the par.
thanks Gibbo I just been on servicebox to can't find it either can I access it from above or below and do you know if I need to remove anything going to look now again

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Gibbo I just been on servicebox to can't find it either can I access it from above or below and do you know if I need to remove anything going to look now again
can't see jack must be a pig to change

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You might see it from above if you take out all the air piping and filter box and battery.
ok looks like a tomorrow job got work in an hr and need my car do you think would be a good idea for me to take some pics of procedure and post on here for others

·
Registered
117 Posts
sensor

Hi

Its not like the 110hp hdi in the bell housing, its at the back of the crankshaft pulley, so you would have to take the tray off to get at it. Well I have only seen it when I did the clutch Thinking I needed to remove it from the bell housing but its not to be seen, so must be the one at pulley.

Thanks vpug

It's a couple of years ago, but I seem to remember it has a plug and one torx bolt.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Hi

Its not like the 110hp hdi in the bell housing, its at the back of the crankshaft pulley, so you would have to take the tray off to get at it. Well I have only seen it when I did the clutch Thinking I needed to remove it from the bell housing but its not to be seen, so must be the one at pulley.

Thanks vpug
Its somewhere abouts. Both of mine are 2.0hdi, but its been a year or two since i did it.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
On later 2 litre hdi engines the crank sensor is not in the bellhousing it is on the crankshaft bottom pulley at its rear edge and you get at it from underneath OR through drivers side wheelarch after removing liner.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On later 2 litre hdi engines the crank sensor is not in the bellhousing it is on the crankshaft bottom pulley at its rear edge and you get at it from underneath OR through drivers side wheelarch after removing liner.
I havnt really looked underneath as presumed it was at the top of the box by flywheel i did notice a cable running in that direction will check that in morning wherever it is i will take a few pics mines 138bhp on a 55 plate

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pictures of crank sensor location

It's a couple of years ago, but I seem to remember it has a plug and one torx bolt.
Changed crank sensor reset light and i have now got code P1435 my fluid tank is easily 3/4 full so shouldnt be that
One picture the location of crank sensor and other is after i dimantled it

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks was 2 minute job as i have no pooh plate

·
Registered
2 Posts
2 liter hdi pump feed not energised when pup wired to run no fuel injection

citroen dispach 2 liter hdi failed to start fuel pump not running checked pump ok and when hard wired good fuel delivery when engine being cranked no fuel injection after bleeding fuel at injectors could it be ctank or cam angk=le sensor even though no code come up cheers

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
citroen dispach 2 liter hdi failed to start fuel pump not running checked pump ok and when hard wired good fuel delivery when engine being cranked no fuel injection after bleeding fuel at injectors could it be ctank or cam angk=le sensor even though no code come up cheers
Is all the air defiantly out not sure if there's a hand priming pump on your dispatch

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks was 2 minute job as i have no pooh plate
Hi, good discussion. I had sensor problems with my Peugeot 407 2.0 hdi 100kW, loss of power and sometimes engine shutdown while driving. II read P0337 and P0339 codes via ODB2 and it seems to be related to crankshaft. I want to replace it by myself (thanks to this discussion I guess I will be able to locate the crankshaft sensor). I have two questions: first, once replaced with a new one, is there anything to do to configure the sensor, or its configuration is automatically made by ECU? Second, my garage already replaced crankshaft and camshaft sensor in september 2019, have you experienced a similar fast break of these sensors? thank you

1 - 20 of 24 Posts