Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ive just replaced my 1.6 hdi turbo with a cartridge insert and cleaned all parts and had sump off etc but now I don't have much boost with new 1 fitted as this was just an insert does the actuator or the vane lever screw need to be adjusted as have adjusted the actuator a little and its getting better but just want some advice if this is correct thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi,

The aftermarket turbos always have this problem, especially if you've just changed the cartridge.

You will need to adjust the actuator arm so it's compressed by about 1mm in the relaxed position, you may also need to adjust the stop screw but be careful with that and make sure the vanes cannot impact the turbine.

If you start the car you should see the actuator go down most of the way, if it doesn't you've got a problem on the vacuum side.

Let me know how you get on.

Steve

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi yeah I had a replacement cartridge when u start the car the arm retracts there is boost there but seems too high in revs and don't pull as it should.when I first fitted it there was nothing so I adjusted arm a bit no matter how much I adjust it cant get it right but looking at the old insert the little grub screw which I suppose is a stop is out more than the replacement do I need to set this up the same all vacumes are ok thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im quite new to these engines and just trying to get the right advice on where to go next I know that grub screw is a swine to get at do I need to set that same as old insert then

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

The aftermarket turbos always have this problem, especially if you've just changed the cartridge.

You will need to adjust the actuator arm so it's compressed by about 1mm in the relaxed position, you may also need to adjust the stop screw but be careful with that and make sure the vanes cannot impact the turbine.

If you start the car you should see the actuator go down most of the way, if it doesn't you've got a problem on the vacuum side.

Let me know how you get on.

Steve
hi steve im still struggling on this could you explain in more detail please
many thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts