Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I will try to articulate the problem as clearly as possible.
1. Cold start no problems
2. Hot start within 30mins of engine stop (approx) no problems
3. After longer stops must wait 2 to 3 hours before it will start. (turns over endlessly)

Normal start, the Glowplug light flashes on very briefly
No start situation, the Glowplug light turns on intermittently whilst turning over.

I suspect the Coolant Temperature Sensor or the Glowplug relay.

Any thoughts, before I start randomly replacing items, would be appreciated.
Bill

·
5,994 Posts
Crankshaft sensor would the first thing I would check common failure is that they fail when hot from heat soak and once sensor cools they work again.

It also does not log a code. If you have access to a code reader that does live data look for rpm speed when cranking

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,933 Posts
1 its not the glowplugs glowplugs do not help starting on modern diesels.
2 its not the glowplugs
3 its not the glowplugs :)

As windy says could be bad crank sensor could be fuel pressure dropping from leaky injector they dont leak outside they leak back to the tank so you cannot see the leak

Could also be starter could also be a wiring issue you really need proper diagnostics to narrow it down thats live data not just reading codes.

·
11,830 Posts
Faulty fuel temperature sensor would be my guess. Diagnosed it on two 307s (one mine) and a 407.

Doesn't put an engine management light on, but a fault code will be logged, and live data shows the temperature way off what it should be.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had a similar problem a few years ago, but mine would also cut out after a few minutes when slowing down to a stop. It would start again, maybe once or twice, and then no amount of cranking or pushing would get it going.

My problem turned out to be the fuel regulator sticking, and then somehow freeing up after a few minutes\hours\days.
In my case, when the regulator got stuck it would let all the fuel just go through the loop to the tank, instead of sending it to the injectors.

When somebody mentioned the fuel regulator to me here, and once I saw the diagram of how it worked, it all made sense, and I knew pretty much immediately that that was the problem.

Just something to consider.
You could maybe try giving it a few gentle taps and see if the car starts afterwards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts