Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a second hand towbar and wiring for my 2004 307cc (the towbars are VERY expensive new).

I have fitted the towbar however the whole setup that I bought came from a 56 plate car. The electrics are genuine Peugeot but for cars with the Canbus system and my car being a 2004 is pre-facelift so does not have the Canbus system.

So I need to find some electrics (7 pin is fine but I can fit 13pin and use an adapter if needs be). Nowhere seems to stock vehicle specific wiring for these cars now as they are old so no demand. I have a few questions please:

1. Can I get some kind of generic 7 pin kit and are they hard to fit?

2. Or does anyone know the part number for the genuine Peugeot wiring setup for a pre facelift car so I can search around for old stock?

3. Maybe someone knows where I can still get a vehicle specific kit for this car?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
You can get a 7 or 13 pin socket from any reputable motor factor, along with the wiring. There is nothing difficult about connecting everything up if you are a sensible diy mechanic. You will need wire strippers, crimping tool, connectors, a voltage tester, and whatever you need to remove the trim to get to the wiring loom.
But do use proper connectors rather than the Scotchlocks normally provided.

Roger.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I actually got hold of a bypass relay and wiring from a local tow bar fitting company yesterday for £25. I don't have any extra wire, fuses or connectors, all of which I will need - for example to get a fused +ve feed from the dashboard or from under the bonnet. Normally I could pop out and get stuff like this but not at the moment.

Is there anywhere I can find a wiring diagram for a 2004 307cc? I think the main loom comes into the boot on the passenger side under the back seat and the wires are numbered? If so I could tap into those wires rather than risk running wires that might get caught by the roof operating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts