Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, first time post. I can't find anything that matches what I am looking for.

I have a leak coming in on the top right rear corner of the wagon. I have had the roof rack off and can find no issues however I have placed sealant around this area. I have run sealant on the inside of the door seal to make sure nothing is back tracking. I have sealed around the cavity where the door hinge attaches and yet after all this it is still coming in. I have run water over the corner and isolated all other directions the water can flow so it's definitely coming in the corner and it is driving me insane. This is not a minor leak it causes a constant drip which comes out in the top corner where several body panels meet. It wasn't immediately visible cause it runs down the internal panels and then soaks the rear carpet. It is also possibly only happening when the car is parked, not when it is driven, but unsure on this one.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Drove today in two hours of good rain and it didn't leak so it seems that it only does it when parked up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but I don't think so as it feeds up the other side and it would only leak if actuated or constantly.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Does sunroof open? If so could be water draining past sunroof seal which should then drip onto the drain channels but I found on my Scenic after months of investigation that some of the water was drawn back up a down stand seam between pressings and over onto the roof lining then down plastic A & C post trims onto the carpet.
All that was needed to cure was filling the exposed edge of the seam with mastic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions, and I have found the leak at long last. :lol:

There is a seam which runs from the corner at the end of the roof channel to the inside of the door opening. This looked in good shape and I discovered the leak by accident.

There was a hole half way down, which was smaller than half a pin head and looked like a dirt spot. This was enough though to give a constant drip into the car. :nono:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts