Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, having some major problems with my 2004 307.

i was driving home from work yesterday, pulled up to try and sort my stereo out as it wouldnt save the settings, upon doing this my stereo stopped and turned off, my side lights came on and nothing worked, i disconnected the battery for roughly an hour and now it doesnt start!

it cranks but no power going to the engine, i called AA out and they couldnt fix it either, went back to it today and same thing wont start but now my windows wont go down either so i cant reset the bsi unit,

im stuck with what to do and its really quite annoying me now as noone can seem to fix it.

could someone help me with what else i could maybe do?

Thank you

P

·
0 Posts
Try bsi reset. if that fails will need a session with diagnostic kit to possibly resync the keys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i did try that last night and didnt have much joy, i went to try again this morning but my windows wont open now so i cant turn lights on like it says,

so annoying i quite like my 307!

looking like buying a new bsi kit

thanks for the reply

P

·
0 Posts
thanks, i did try that last night and didnt have much joy, i went to try again this morning but my windows wont open now so i cant turn lights on like it says,

so annoying i quite like my 307!

looking like buying a new bsi kit

thanks for the reply
buying a new bsi kit before getting diagnostic?

Get the diagnostic kit on it and see what is going on inside before throwing cash at parts!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have, had severeral mechanics hook there computers to it and also the AA and they've all said the same thing about it

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Is the Radio original equipment? I would start by taking radio out and checking that the wires on the back have not shorted there is not a lot of room behind the radio and any pinched wiring could cause a short

With key in ignition and the door open do you get a few warning gongs (key left in ignition warning )

And also did the several Mechanics use Planet or just a Generic code reader ?

Planet with Lexia is best

·
5,861 Posts
As above remove radio check wiring and ALL fuses (under bonnet and in car).

The radio power feed is on a circuit used to power various major systems including some Comm2000 systems such as immobiliser, remote locking and lights/indicator.

Aftermarket radio's and adaptor leads are also known to short VAN/CAN data lines which can stop lots of ECU's talking to each other or the OBDII port and diagnostics equipment

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tbh i havent a clue when it comes to cars , but all i know is they used there computers they didnt show me as i dont know what the deal is with it, a reccuring one i do get is the anti pollution warning witch hasnt caused me much of a problem.

when the AA came to me they used there computer also and said there was no error codes! witch confuses me. The stereo i brought, and changed about 2 months ago that had worked fine untill then, but wasnt set up correctly as no settings, ie time etc wasnt saving! so i pulled it out to see if it was connected properly with is when everything stopped working and wipers, lights came on.

both me and AA deeply looked behind at all wiring and all still in tact.

he probed the fuse under the bonnet and they were fine, changed a few fuses in clove box that had blown, but took them all out to check.

going back to the engine i believe where the spark plugs are he tested them to see if i had power when i cranked the engine but i hadnt hence why the car wasnt starting, thus being told i need a new bsi unit!

this is the most detail i have, even peugeot themselves were mind boggled when i told them, everyone seems confused as to why its happened!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
tbh i havent a clue when it comes to cars , but all i know is they used there computers they didnt show me as i dont know what the deal is with it, a reccuring one i do get is the anti pollution warning witch hasnt caused me much of a problem.

when the AA came to me they used there computer also and said there was no error codes! witch confuses me. The stereo i brought, and changed about 2 months ago that had worked fine untill then, but wasnt set up correctly as no settings, ie time etc wasnt saving! so i pulled it out to see if it was connected properly with is when everything stopped working and wipers, lights came on.

both me and AA deeply looked behind at all wiring and all still in tact.

he probed the fuse under the bonnet and they were fine, changed a few fuses in clove box that had blown, but took them all out to check.

going back to the engine i believe where the spark plugs are he tested them to see if i had power when i cranked the engine but i hadnt hence why the car wasnt starting, thus being told i need a new bsi unit!

this is the most detail i have, even peugeot themselves were mind boggled when i told them, everyone seems confused as to why its happened!
So the next step is the one you need to do

go here
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/need-20-posts-before-pm-13646/

post anything you wish until you reach 20 posts

then go here
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/maintenance-9/diagnostic-peugeot-planet-map-7734/
and search the Planet map for forum users in your area

then PM the nearest planet guru for a diagnostic

then armed with the Info from this I feel pretty sure that the solution will be found

:)

·
11,775 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts