Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
The forum will not allow me to post images :confused: so I will try to explain.
In the top of the two doors there are circles which have a panel filling them in.
Are these circles for additional speakers and if yes:-

1. What speakers can I use that come with front grills?
    What do I need to look out for when replacing the existing factory stereo CD player?
If anyone has any images of these with speakers in that would be great to see.

Thank you.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Only 99% sure but I'm pretty certain the circles are just a pattern in the door card and replacing the factory stereo, you will lose the ability to program the MFD so you won't be able to change the time and if it loses power, say if the battery is disconnected you won't be able to change the language. You will lose the radio information on the display but will still be able to access all the other info using the button on the end of the stalk.

If you get a remote stalk adapter you will retain the function to control using the stalk.

A lot of people keep the original radio so that they can temporarily connect it if they need to program the time etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the information, I had no idea I would be opening a can of worms by replacing the stereo.
The multi CD changer has stopped working which is why I was considering replacing the whole system with a single stereo (Clarion CZ215E) and a simple tray insert to replace the multi CD changer.

I will have to think long and hard now about this now.
For the record, has anyone else with a 307 cc ever installed a non factory stereo?

Thanks guys,
Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts