Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm a Peugeot 307 owner in a desolated part of Saudi Arabia where we have no mechanics for this car so I need some help.

I have a 2004 1.6l Automatic and it will not go above 150km/h AT ALL. Will go above on downhill sections of the highway but as soon as the road straightens it comes back down to 150ish.

Earlier I had the "Anti Pollution Fault" everytime I started the car and the "Automatic Gear Fault" on early mornings when the car was cold. Changing the plugs and the coil solved the former but the latter still comes up though much less frequently.

Rarely the car also looses power for 2-3secs (slows down a good 20-30kmh) and then accelerator starts to function again.

I showed the car to a mechanic in Riyad (capital city) and he said there is some fault, he will change the Solenoid valves (to new Borg Warner ones) and that "SHOULD" solve the problem.

I'd like to know if he's right, and/or what else could be causing the problem?

Ohh and when I bought the car 2 years ago it would easily go to 170km/h and even higher but now it won't. (Had the automatic gear fault even then but it was more frequent until recently I changed the coil, now its less frequent. )

D

·
0 Posts
You're not getting my humour :D
At least you are legally allowed maybe to go that fast.

As regards the gearbox. Get the gearbox ecu software updated and change the gear oil. The solenoids to give trouble too so changing all of them would help it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're not getting my humour :D
At least you are legally allowed maybe to go that fast.

As regards the gearbox. Get the gearbox ecu software updated and change the gear oil. The solenoids to give trouble too so changing all of them would help it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Lol :D We aren't "allowed" to do above 120 but highway police here is extremely lazy so you can do whatever speed you like for however long you like :D That's why I'm even bothering with this, 150 is too damn slow here considering another city is atleast 1000km away.

Sorry for going off topic,

anyways yeah I had the ECU updated, it didn't help, thats why the mechanic recommended changing the solenoids. I wanted to know if other then the solenoids there is some thing that could cause this loss of power?

Ohh and the loss only occurs in 3rd and 4th, acceleration is as it should be in second from 40-100, but in 3rd it takes a while to get to 150 and then wont go above that in 4th.

So sure I should go ahead with the solenoids and report back?

Ohh and can I just have them changed by a regular mechanic (with no knowledge of Peugeot cars) or will there be any need to update the software or any other changes?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I was going to say that, you must be using alot of fuel constantly driving at that speed but then I see your in Saudi :D How much is fuel their? Have you had a diagnostics done on it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so today the anti-pollution fault is back, lost all power and the car woulsnt do above 30km, turned it off and on again after a few minutes and worka fine but the fault is back and fhe engine management light is on.

Any ideas what it could be? I've read some places topping up the engine and running it for a whilw above 3k rpm helpa fix it, is this true? I have noticed that wifh low fuel the car does loose power for a few seconds rarely,never happenwd with more than half fuel. Really confused now

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was going to say that, you must be using alot of fuel constantly driving at that speed but then I see your in Saudi :D How much is fuel their? Have you had a diagnostics done on it?
Yeah but fuel is dirt cheap. Its about 8.5 litres per USD :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts